Hey Scott, let's learn STM32

Mark Greenaway

Mar 3, 2018, 6:36:15 PM3/3/18
to Robots & Dinosaurs
I was talking to Scott yesterday at the space, and we were both learning how to program STM32 Nucleo boards. I was hoping we could keep motivating each other to learn and maybe help each other out. So hey Scott, if you're reading this, get in touch!

tALSit de CoD

Mar 10, 2018, 7:52:39 PM3/10/18
to Robots&Dinosaurs
Hey,
I've found that one of the barriers to getting motivated to do stm32 work is that it usually takes 4.2 days to get a sane development environment working - editor, compiler, flasher, debugger, etc.
Well, recently, Atollic teamed up with STM and they're offering TrueStudio (https://atollic.com/truestudio/) for free. It *is* Eclipse-based, but, it seems to be a more polished version that kinda works out of the box. I managed to download it, download one of the STM32 examples for the discovery range (STM32F429 range) and get it compiled an flashed and debugged within 10 minutes. So, I'd kinda recommend it as a starting point.
YMMV!