Paid, full-time jobs for Breville developing STMicro code for appliances. Anyone interested?

Sophie Parker

Mar 10, 2018, 9:25:09 PM3/10/18
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Hi all,

An acquaintance of mine's daughter works for Breville as a UX designer. They are looking to fill roles in Australia developing code for STMicro chips for appliances, as well as IOT.
They've had a lot of trouble with offshore development and thus are looking to hire people full time and potentially in consultancy roles for development in-house.
They're particularly dedicated to ensuring security in IOT products due to the number of horror stories around of the generally horribly lax security in IOT development.

The difficulty of finding people who code for embedded systems within Australia makes this a pretty great opportunity for people like myself who've developed their skills through years of hobby making.

I'm afraid I don't know the pay estimate as they're still sorting out how best to run this, but they're keen to move as much in-house as is feasible.

John Dowdell

Mar 12, 2018, 4:13:00 AM3/12/18
to Robots & Dinosaurs
I'd be interested. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've applied for the same position at Breville before a year and a half or so ago but I was late to the advert and it was through a recruiter who I think was on leave at that stage so the stars weren't really aligned at the time.

JD
John Dowdell