Freetronics Arduino with ethernet question.

shykitten55

Oct 1, 2017, 12:23:04 AM10/1/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
With my recent fore into sensors, I have one of those HCT11 - temp humidity sensor.

It runs on 3.3 v and so it isn't 5v compatible.

As the Arduinos have a 3.3v pin, and I wanted to test it on/over the network, I powered up my Freetronics Uno with ethernet.
It hasn't really been used, rather waiting for something like this to come along.

I plug in the Arduino and look for the 3.3v......   It isn't there.

Other Arduinos have the 3.3v on that pin, but not the Ethernet one.

Thoughts?

Appreciated.

kris

Oct 1, 2017, 12:38:18 AM10/1/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
what's makes you think it's not 5v tolerant?

https://www.adafruit.com/product/386

STEPHEN BUCK

Oct 1, 2017, 7:00:50 PM10/1/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Is RnD opening today, Monday?

Thanks

Stephen.

shykitten55

Oct 23, 2017, 6:49:05 PM10/23/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
(Where does the time go?)

Kris,

I wasn't sure at the time of posting, but have since discovered it is 5v tolerant.

And I have since found out that the 3.3 volts on said arduino is ONLY there is external power is available.

Live and learn.