Chronos 1.4 High-speed Camera

Max Nippard

Nov 24, 2016, 3:48:03 AM11/24/16
to Robodino List

If anyone needs a good high speed camera this is by far the best bang per Buck.
Check out his YouTube (tesla500) channel for the the development of this camera and a giant led light to use with it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1714585446/chronos-14-high-speed-camera?ref=discovery

Dan Col

Jan 23, 2017, 5:01:48 AM1/23/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs

Hi all,

yes, the Chronos 1.4 looks good but I didn't back it on Kickstarter though as hoping price/performance will improve further.

In the mean time, can anyone suggest a cost effective way to use a high speed camera for a day or two for filming the particle (aka ball bearing) in my particle accelerator model ?

So far the rental quotes I've had are:
Techrental: Olympus 1000fps (800x600) or 2000fps (576x432) for $940 for 2 days
SlowMotion.com.au: Photron UX100 5000fps (1280x1000) $2500 for one week

To purchase:
Sony RX100V 960fps (1,920x1080 upscaled from 480p) for $1259 - But doesn't look like it has interchangeable lens, so not good for close up work ?

The Sony/Olympus is right at the lowest end of what I'll need quality wise, but the Photron hurts my wallet badly...

Any other/better options ?  Does anyone know a maker-friendly organisation with a good high speed camera... I could donate a particle accelerator model in exchange for a few days use :)

Thanks
Daniel.

kr...@sleepingplanet.com

Jan 23, 2017, 3:16:37 PM1/23/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

do you have any uni contacts? they often have equipment that can be loaned out....

can you buy from amazon...then return it :0)