Battery replacement for an HP netbook Pro

Darryl Adams

Sep 20, 2016, 5:03:01 AM9/20/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Now a proud owner of a Maddox computer (thanks again Maddox) for a 6 year old model it is suprisingly spitely due to the SSD.

However the battery is Norwegian Blue. Not really a problem since I will generally plug it in when in use, but I did see batteries both branded HP and not.

Has anyone bought batteries for older computers successfully? I keep thinking that "New" 6 year old batteries would be just as stuffed as the old battery. But there are better minds here, so I throw myself onto the court of R&D opinion.

Tim

Sep 20, 2016, 5:07:47 AM9/20/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

They are usually just 18650 cells if you want to get your hack on.

Tim

Madox

Sep 20, 2016, 6:58:22 AM9/20/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs
I've bought generic batteries for that laptop off ebay, they last a couple of years... I think they're roughly $40-45 shipped.

And nope, almost certainly not 18650s :) the batteries are only like 7mm thick or so...

Madox

Sep 20, 2016, 7:00:33 AM9/20/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs
PS... It isn't too spitely...