attaching to servo hornes

Franc Carter

Dec 30, 2017, 7:47:57 PM12/30/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

What is the official/best/good way to attach a push rod to a servo horn ?

I am using the cheap turnigy TG9e servo with the little servo horns that come with it. The hole in the horn seems to small to put something through (??)

I want to attach a short pushrod.

thanks

--
Franc

Paul Hutchison

Dec 30, 2017, 10:56:37 PM12/30/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
I've used paperclips successfully in the past as linkage between a servo horn and (in my case) spring steel. If your push rod only moves in one dimension then you'll need some sort of linkage as well to translate rotation into linear movement, but if the rod can move in a plane (and depending on the push rod material and diameter) you might get away with a U-shaped cutout in the end of the rod with the horn in the middle and a pin through it as a hinge.

For linkages I just bent the paperclip as follows and it seemed to work well (sorry if this is distorted in your email client's font of choice, I'm on my phone):
__                      __
   |____________|

Paul

Franc Carter

Dec 31, 2017, 1:06:34 AM12/31/17
to Paul Hutchison, sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

Nice idea,

I’ve used some thin wire from bag-ties, but it is loose and as a bit too much play in the link. A paper-clip looks like a good size

cheers

--
Franc

Kris

Dec 31, 2017, 1:58:26 PM12/31/17
to Franc Carter, Paul Hutchison, sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
On the RC planes, they use piano wire cut to length and shaped with z pliers.
I have both of you want me to bring it to the space today...