buildtak surface

Darryl Adams

Nov 14, 2015, 9:58:27 PM11/14/15
to Robots & Dinosaurs
I have discovered the best thing ever! (No hyperbole!!!) (Extra !!!!)

Buildtak surface has made printing on my UP Mini a joy in regards of removing the raft and support material.

Bilby3D supplied my last lot, but the size is far smaller than my perfboard. Do people order it from Bilby3D, Bruce at 3dprintingsystems or is there a even better supplier they know of?

James Campbell

Nov 14, 2015, 10:02:39 PM11/14/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Bilby3D is the best AU supplier for all consumables, I've got a heap of offcut buildtak surfaces for free which i could bring in sometime.

Darryl Adams

Nov 14, 2015, 10:12:02 PM11/14/15
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Please do, they would do wonders on the Printrbot and Up1+.

James Campbell

Nov 14, 2015, 10:22:09 PM11/14/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
they're offcuts of around 20cm squared :D

gofastvolvo

Nov 15, 2015, 8:38:02 PM11/15/15
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Yeah Buildtak is genuinely very awesome stuff.  There are some really horrible reviews for it which turned me off for a long time... but after meeting the guys behind it earlier this year I realized that mostly the internet if full of idiots that have no idea what they are talking about and that buildtak is awesome.  Now all our machines ship with our own branded buildtak sheets.

Matt

Jonathan Hill

Nov 19, 2015, 9:01:25 PM11/19/15
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Could you please elaborate on how you use this with the Up Mini?

Do you stick this over the perf board? or directly onto the build surface?

Does this allow you to print without the raft? if not are you having trouble removing the raft from the perf board? is that what this is trying to solve?

kr...@sleepingplanet.com

Nov 19, 2015, 9:55:02 PM11/19/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com