Crashing Sybase Central 4.2 ASA Plugin

Thomas Bednarz

Apr 22, 2004, 7:42:13 AM4/22/04
I have running iAnywhere 8 on my machine and installed iAnywhere 9 to a different path. When I start Sybase Central 4.2 (iAnywhere 9) I get the following error:
The ASA 9 plub-in failed to initialize propertly and could not be loaded. Following stacktrace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sybase/util/NativeFileChooser
at com.sybase.asa.plugin.ASAPlugin.initialize(ASAPlugin.java:97)
at com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjViewerSupport.initialize(ScjViewerSupport.java:759)
at com.sybase.central.viewer.SybaseCentral.run(SybaseCentral.java:154)
at com.sybase.central.viewer.SybaseCentral.main(SybaseCentral.java:232)
at com.sybase.central.viewer.SCLoader.callMethod(SCLoader.java:207)
at com.sybase.central.viewer.SCLoader.main(SCLoader.java:107)

I am running 9.0.1 with the latest EBF.
Any suggestions?
Tom.

----
Thomas Bednarz
Software Engineer, Partner

Smart Solutions AG
Baarerstrasse 98
6302 ZUG - SWITZERLAND

http://www.smartsol.ch http://www.echnaton.ch
----

Chris Irie

Apr 26, 2004, 10:57:42 AM4/26/04
Tom,

The stack trace is symptomatic of running the ASA 9.0.0 plug-in in the
version of Sybase Central which comes with ASA 9.0.1. Just for reference,
Sybase Central 4.2.0 comes with ASA 9.0.0, and Sybase Central 4.3.0 comes
with ASA 9.0.1.

I'm guessing that you did the following:
1. Installed ASA 9.0.0
2. Installed EBFs for 9.0.0, including EBF 1270
3. Installed the 9.0.1 patch on top of 9.0.0

If this is correct, be advised that the 9.0.1 Patch installer has a problem
installing on top of 9.0.0 EBF 1270. If you downloaded the 9.0.1 patch after
March 8, 2004, you should see a warning message about this condition. In
this case, here's what you should do:

1. Uninstall 9.0.0
2. Reinstall 9.0.0. Do NOT apply any EBF updates.
3. Run the 9.0.1 patch installer.

This should give you a functioning ASA 9.0.1.

-- Chris Irie
iAnywhere Solutions

"Thomas Bednarz" <pub AT bednarz DOT ch> wrote in message

Thomas Bednarz

Apr 27, 2004, 9:38:00 AM4/27/04
to Chris Irie
Chris,
Many thanks for that information. No chance for me to find that out! I installed exactly the way you describ it below.
Lucky to hear it has nothing to do with my ASA 8 installation since I definitely need that one but will not miss V9 since it was developed with JDK 1.4.x which has a lot better Swing performance. Nice if you work remotely using terminal services...
I will remove 9, reinstall it and apply directly 9.0.1.
Many thanks!
Tom