ASA9 Sybase Central Deployment - Help File not working

ashleydreher

Oct 21, 2005, 5:41:38 AM10/21/05
Building a Wise installer for ASA9.02 Sybase Central, and
following the deployment documentation, I get the Java error
below when calling the online help from the menu or F1.

I have checked and double-checked all the required registery
entries for the Sybase Central 4.3 and the Windows HTML
help.

I once saw a command line to call the dbmaen9.chm via
hh.exe, but I can't find it now to try out.

I had a similar problem with my ASA8 installer where the
help wouldn't open from Sy-Cent 4.1 (but withoutthe error
message).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

----------------------------

+-----------------+

| Stack Trace |

+-----------------+

java.util.EmptyStackException

at java.util.Stack.peek(Unknown Source)

at
com.sybase.helpManager.HTMLHelpHelpViewerImp.execString(HTMLHelpHelpViewerImp.java:180)

at
com.sybase.helpManager.HTMLHelpHelpViewerImp.launchOnlineBooks(HTMLHelpHelpViewerImp.java:150)

at
com.sybase.helpManager.HTMLHelpHelpViewerImp.turnPage(HTMLHelpHelpViewerImp.java:41)

at
com.sybase.helpManager.HelpViewer.turnPage(HelpViewer.java:124)

at
com.sybase.central.viewer.SCHelpManager.showOnlineBooks(SCHelpManager.java:93)

at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjSession.showOnlineBooks(ScjSession.java:546)

at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ViewerManager.menuItemSelected(ViewerManager.java:1021)

at
com.sybase.central.viewer.BaseMenuItem.actionPerformed(BaseMenuItem.java:185)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown
Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)

at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$ClickAction.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(Unknown Source)

at
javax.swing.JMenuBar.processBindingForKeyStrokeRecursive(Unknown
Source)

at
javax.swing.JMenuBar.processBindingForKeyStrokeRecursive(Unknown
Source)

at
javax.swing.JMenuBar.processBindingForKeyStrokeRecursive(Unknown
Source)

at javax.swing.JMenuBar.processKeyBinding(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.KeyboardManager.fireBinding(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.KeyboardManager.fireKeyboardAction(Unknown
Source)

at
javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindingsForAllComponents(Unknown
Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(Unknown
Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source)

at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ScopePane$SCJTree.processKeyEvent(ScopePane.java:1804)

at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown
Source)

at
java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown
Source)

at
java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown
Source)

at
java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown
Source)

at
java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown
Source)

at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

AlanF

Oct 22, 2005, 5:34:09 PM10/22/05

MS recently changed security on .chm files deployed from a server -
could that be interfering?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892675/

ashleydreher

Oct 24, 2005, 9:42:14 AM10/24/05
> Building a Wise installer for ASA9.02 Sybase Central, and
> following the deployment documentation, I get the Java
> error below when calling the online help from the menu or
> F1.

I may have found the answer to my own question. Sybase
Central seems to open the Help system via the KEYhh.exe prog
in the windows directory, but newer versions of Windows
appear to use hh.exe. Dropping KEYhh.exe into the windows
dir seems to fix it.

:-)

Nick Elson

Nov 4, 2005, 12:44:04 PM11/4/05
We install a copy of KeyHH.exe in the %Windir% directory.

It sounds like you may just be missing that module.

[KeyHH.exe is a product from KeyWorks Software.]