SQLAnywhere 9.0.2 on Windows 7

David Hickman

Jan 13, 2009, 6:25:05 AM1/13/09
Hi All,

I've just taken a look at the Windows 7 Beta with SQL Anywhere 9.0.2 and
Sybase Central and ISQL seem to be crashing (some form of Java Swing error
from what I can see).

I have a few questions:

1. Do you know if this is a Windows 7 Beta problem or a problem with the
Sybase tools that will need to be addressed?

2. If the problem is with the Sybase tools can we expect a patch to enable
9.0.2 to work on Windows 7?

3. If there will be no patch for 9.0.2 does anyone have any experience as to
whether SQL Anywhere 11 will work on Windows 7?

Thanks in advance for the help,
David

Jeff Albion (Sybase iAnywhere)

Jan 13, 2009, 10:24:27 AM1/13/09
David,

David Hickman wrote:
> I've just taken a look at the Windows 7 Beta with SQL Anywhere 9.0.2 and
> Sybase Central and ISQL seem to be crashing (some form of Java Swing error
> from what I can see).

What's the swing error? Which version and build of 9.0.2 is it? (dbsrv9
-v). Can we see the stack trace/HotSpot log?

There is an existing known issue with some interaction between the Java
swing library and an attempt to use the "Windows XP Feel and Style" for
the GUI. While we still cannot identify the nature of the bug, there is
a known registry workaround:
http://search.sybase.com/kbx/changerequests?bug_id=415245

> I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Do you know if this is a Windows 7 Beta problem or a problem with the
> Sybase tools that will need to be addressed?

In general, we won't make any comments about product support of an OS
until it has been officially released. While we will perform internal
testing of beta releases, we can't make any assumptions about final
product behaviours until the OS vendor has released a GA product.

Also note that if there's a problem specific to the JRE/Swing library
(which I'm not aware of one, but it could exist - the beta is only a
number of days old!) on Windows 7, there may need to be product support
from Sun's JRE on Windows 7 first before Sybase iAnywhere can support
the existing GUI tools.

> 2. If the problem is with the Sybase tools can we expect a patch to enable
> 9.0.2 to work on Windows 7?

It depends on the timelines of Windows 7. If 9.0.2 is still in "Active"
Engineering Status (See: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288 ) when
the Windows 7 OS is released as generally available, there is a
possibility that product management will make the decision to support it
with a patch (EBF), if required.

> 3. If there will be no patch for 9.0.2 does anyone have any experience as to
> whether SQL Anywhere 11 will work on Windows 7?

I haven't had a chance to log on to MSDN and download it myself just
quite yet - but if you find out any interesting workarounds with our
product in the interim, feel free to post back here. :)

Cheers,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0

David Hickman

Jan 13, 2009, 12:57:03 PM1/13/09
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the quick reply, all of what you've said makes perfect sense (I'm
trying to get a handle on how many changes we might need to make to our
product to work with Windows 7 so know all about the complications! :) )

Do you have any idea if 9.0.2 will still be in active support at the time of
Windows 7 release which I'm assuming will be early 2010 by the time MS
actually get it out of the door?

Also I gave your registry fix a try and it did successfully work with Sybase
Central, however Interactive SQL still appears to crash with an error
whenever I try and do a select from a database.

I've pasted the Stack Trace below. We're on version 9.0.2.2451 (although
will be moving to the latest patch soon)

+-----------------+
| Stack Trace |
+-----------------+

java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.swing.border.EmptyBorder.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsTableHeaderUI$XPDefaultRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sybase.util.SybWindowsTableHeaderUI$XPRendererFix.getTableCellRendererComponent(SybWindowsTableHeaderUI.java)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.getHeaderRenderer(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.getHeaderHeight(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.createHeaderSize(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.getPreferredSize(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.ViewportLayout.preferredLayoutSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.ScrollPaneLayout.preferredLayoutSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GridLayout.preferredLayoutSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GridLayout.preferredLayoutSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI$TabbedPaneLayout.calculateSize(Unknown
Source)
at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI$TabbedPaneLayout.preferredLayoutSize(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BoxLayout.checkRequests(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BoxLayout.minimumLayoutSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.minimumSize(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.getMinimumSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.getMinimumSize(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BoxLayout.checkRequests(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BoxLayout.layoutContainer(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.layout(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.doLayout(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.validate(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.validateInvalidComponents(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

+----------+
| ISQL |
+----------+

Tue Jan 13 17:21:13 GMT 2009
ISQL version = 9.0.2, Build 2451
CommandLineOptions
Full command line: -locale en
ConnectionInfo: <JDBCDRIVER>=ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver
Command tail: (none)
Initial SQL statement: (none)
Execute initial SQL statement: No
Use GUI: Yes
Quiet mode is: Off
Syntax check mode is: Off
Default database type: ASA

ConnectionInfo for active connection: DSN=ProspectSoft CRM 5
Demo;UID=dba;PWD=***;<JDBCDRIVER>=ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver
Exception caught while getting UI active connection
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ISQLConnectionImpl.enqueueRequest() called
while request already in progress
Current request is 9
New (ignored) request is 9
at
sybase.isql.ISQLConnectionImpl.enqueueRequest(ISQLConnectionImpl.java:4891)
at
sybase.isql.ISQLConnectionImpl.getServerName(ISQLConnectionImpl.java:5275)
at
sybase.isql.ISQLConnectionImpl.createDescriptionWithDatabaseName(ISQLConnectionImpl.java:5216)
at
sybase.isql.ISQLConnectionImpl.getDescription(ISQLConnectionImpl.java:5204)
at
sybase.isql.ISQLExceptionHandlerClient.printApplicationInformation(ISQLExceptionHandlerClient.java:69)
at
com.sybase.util.ExceptionHandler.gatherInformation(ExceptionHandler.java)
at com.sybase.util.ExceptionHandler.handle(ExceptionHandler.java)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.handleException(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.processException(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Currently executing statements: (none)

Current parser state:
Reading from command tail
Current token: "contact", kind=135
Current token location: Line 1, column 15

+---------------+
| Classpath |
+---------------+

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Java\isql.jar
Timestamp=2004-10-19 20:54:54.0
Length=986359

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\jConnect-5_5\Classes\jconn2.jar
Timestamp=2001-08-10 12:40:52.0
Length=847267

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Java\jlogon.jar
Timestamp=2004-10-19 20:51:20.0
Length=175027

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Java\jodbc.jar
Timestamp=2004-10-19 17:45:20.0
Length=167269

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\Java\SCEditor142.jar
Timestamp=2004-10-13 14:58:36.0
Length=344763

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\Java\JComponents142.jar
Timestamp=2004-10-19 20:51:46.0
Length=820465

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\Java\jsyblib142.jar
Timestamp=2004-10-13 14:55:20.0
Length=264627

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\Sun\JavaHelp-1_1\jh.jar
Timestamp=2002-06-24 10:36:00.0
Length=347246

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\Java\HelpManager11.jar
Timestamp=2004-07-28 17:48:18.0
Length=56071

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Java\xerces.jar
Timestamp=2004-09-10 13:36:48.0
Length=854256

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Java\xml4j.jar
Timestamp=2004-09-10 13:36:48.0
Length=10645

+-------------+
| Java VM |
+-------------+

Total memory: 6119424
Free memory: 2299800
System properties:
asa.location=C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\
awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
file.encoding=Cp1252
file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
file.separator=\
isql.commandShell="C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c"
isql.helpFolder=C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\java
java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
java.class.path=C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Win32\..\java\isql.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Shared\JCONNE~1\classes\jconn2.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Win32\..\java\jlogon.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Win32\..\java\jodbc.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Shared\java\SCEDIT~1.JAR;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Shared\java\JCOMPO~1.JAR;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Shared\java\JSYBLI~1.JAR;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Shared\sun\JAVAHE~1\jh.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Shared\java\HELPMA~1.JAR;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Win32\..\java\xerces.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Win32\..\java\xml4j.jar;
java.class.version=48.0
java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\lib\endorsed
java.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\lib\ext
java.home=C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142
java.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\Temp\
java.library.path=C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Win32;.;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Win32;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Win32;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\PowerBuilder;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
java.runtime.version=1.4.2_02-b03
java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.specification.version=1.4
java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferencesFactory
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
java.version=1.4.2_02
java.vm.info=mixed mode
java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.specification.version=1.0
java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.version=1.4.2_02-b03
line.separator=

os.arch=x86
os.name=Windows NT (unknown)
os.version=6.1
path=C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\win32;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Win32;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Win32;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\POWERB~1;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WINDOW~1\v1.0\
path.separator=;
sqlpath=
sun.arch.data.model=32
sun.awt.exception.handler=com.sybase.util.ExceptionHandler
sun.boot.class.path=C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\lib\i18n.jar;C:\Program
Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program
Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program
Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\classes
sun.boot.library.path=C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProspectSoft
Shared\ASA\Shared\sun\jre142\bin
sun.cpu.endian=little
sun.cpu.isalist=pentium i486 i386
sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
sun.java2d.d3d=false
sun.java2d.fontpath=
sun.java2d.noddraw=true
sun.os.patch.level=
sybase.jsyblib.dll.location=C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROSPE~1\ASA\Shared\win32\
user.country=GB
user.dir=C:\Windows\system32
user.home=C:\Users\Test
user.language=en
user.name=Test
user.timezone=GMT
user.variant=

+-------------------+
| Java Packages |
+-------------------+

Package: com.sun.java.swing
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.resources
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: com.sun.swing.internal.plaf.basic.resources
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: com.sybase.asa.QueryEditor
Implementation title: JComponents Library
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 142
Specification title: JComponents Library
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 142

Package: com.sybase.asa.common
Implementation title: JComponents Library
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 142
Specification title: JComponents Library
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 142

Package: com.sybase.asa.logon
Implementation title: JDBC Connection Library
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 9.0.2
Specification title: JDBC Connection Library
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 9.0.2

Package: com.sybase.asa.planview
Implementation title: Interactive SQL
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 9.0.2
Specification title: Interactive SQL
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 9.0.2

Package: com.sybase.ase.logon
Implementation title: JDBC Connection Library
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 9.0.2
Specification title: JDBC Connection Library
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 9.0.2

Package: com.sybase.central.editor
Implementation title: Sybase Central Editor
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 4.3.0.2197
Specification title: Sybase Central Editor
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 4.3.0.2197

Package: com.sybase.customization
Implementation title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: null
Specification title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: null

Package: com.sybase.helpManager
Implementation title: HelpManager classes
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 11
Specification title: HelpManager classes
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 11

Package: com.sybase.jdbcx
Implementation title: "com.sybase.jdbcx"
Implementation vendor: "Sybase, Inc."
Implementation version: "Build (25051)"
Specification title: "jConnect for JDBC 2.0"
Specification vendor: "Sybase, Inc."
Specification version: "5.5"

Package: com.sybase.resultSetTable
Implementation title: JComponents Library
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 142
Specification title: JComponents Library
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 142

Package: com.sybase.util
Implementation title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: null
Specification title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: null

Package: com.sybase.util.win32
Implementation title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: null
Specification title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: null

Package: ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc
Implementation title: null
Implementation vendor: null
Implementation version: null
Specification title: null
Specification vendor: null
Specification version: null

Package: ianywhere.updateService
Implementation title: JComponents Library
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 142
Specification title: JComponents Library
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 142

Package: java.applet
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.color
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.datatransfer
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.dnd
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.dnd.peer
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.event
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.font
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.geom
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.im
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.im.spi
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.image
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.peer
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.awt.print
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.beans
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.io
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.lang
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.lang.ref
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.lang.reflect
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.math
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.net
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.nio
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.nio.charset
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.nio.charset.spi
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.rmi
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.security
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.security.cert
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.sql
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.text
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.util
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.util.jar
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.util.prefs
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.util.regex
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: java.util.zip
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.accessibility
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing.border
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing.event
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing.plaf
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing.plaf.basic
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing.table
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing.text
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing.text.html
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing.tree
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: javax.swing.undo
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt.color
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt.datatransfer
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt.dnd
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt.font
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt.im
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt.image
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt.resources
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt.shell
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.awt.windows
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.io
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.java2d
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.java2d.loops
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.java2d.pipe
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.misc
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.net
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.net.spi.nameservice
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.net.www

Package: sun.net.www.protocol.file

Package: sun.net.www.protocol.jar
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.nio.cs
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.reflect
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.security.action
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.security.provider
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.security.util
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.text.resources
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sun.util.calendar
Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation version: 1.4.2_02
Specification title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Specification version: 1.4

Package: sybase.isql
Implementation title: Interactive SQL
Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Implementation version: 9.0.2
Specification title: Interactive SQL
Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.
Specification version: 9.0.2

Thanks again for the help, I'll post back with any workarounds that I find!
David

"Jeff Albion (Sybase iAnywhere)" <firstname...@ianywhere.com> wrote in
message news:496cb22b$1@forums-1-dub...

Josh Savill [Sybase iAnywhere]

Jan 13, 2009, 1:58:32 PM1/13/09
David,

I would keep my eye on press releases regarding SQL Anywhere 9.0.2. Typically engineering keeps
support for two active versions of SQL Anywhere. Currently we have 11.0.0, 10.0.1, and 9.0.2.
Keeping with our typical support lines, I would anticipate 9.0.2 will be EOL'd in the near future.

--
Joshua Savill
Sybase iAnywhere - Product Manager

David Hickman

Jan 14, 2009, 10:18:49 AM1/14/09
Thanks Josh, will definately bear that in mind.

By the way I had a quick go with SQLAnywhere 9 Developer Edition on Windows
7 today and it all seemed to work fine!

David

"Josh Savill [Sybase iAnywhere]" <no_spam...@ianywhere.com> wrote in
message news:496ce458@forums-1-dub...

Josh Savill [Sybase iAnywhere]

Jan 14, 2009, 10:20:23 AM1/14/09
That's good to hear.

David Hickman

Jan 15, 2009, 3:58:16 AM1/15/09
Actually, just re-read my message and I was clearly half asleep when I wrote
it!

What I meant to say was that SQLAnywhere 11 Dev Edition works fine on the
current Windows 7 Beta!

Sorry for the confusion :)

David

"Josh Savill [Sybase iAnywhere]" <no_spam...@ianywhere.com> wrote in

message news:496e02b7@forums-1-dub...

Jeff Albion (Sybase iAnywhere)

Jan 15, 2009, 4:51:25 PM1/15/09
David,

David Hickman wrote:
> Do you have any idea if 9.0.2 will still be in active support at the time of
> Windows 7 release which I'm assuming will be early 2010 by the time MS
> actually get it out of the door?

We actually did know when you posted this, but now it's public knowledge. :)

See: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1061840

Josh Savill [Sybase iAnywhere]

Jan 16, 2009, 11:17:40 AM1/16/09
Jeff's right. I did know about this when I posted my initial response ;-)

--
Joshua Savill
Sybase iAnywhere - Product Manager

Josh Savill [Sybase iAnywhere]

Jan 16, 2009, 11:15:50 AM1/16/09
David,

I was off yesterday so I'm just reading this today. EOL for SQL Anywhere 9.0.x:
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1061840

I would suspect for this reason SQL Anywhere 9.0.x will not be supported on Windows 7.

David Hickman

Jan 23, 2009, 4:26:47 AM1/23/09
I kinda figured that this would be the case by the time it was out but
thanks for the official update anyway guys!

message news:4970b324$1@forums-1-dub...