Deployment using installshield (ASA 9.02) mergemodules/objects

cobolman

Sep 26, 2007, 5:28:22 AM9/26/07
I've included the following objects to my installshield project:

- Admin Tools
- ASA Client
- ASA Personal Server
- NetworkServer

The Admin Tools should install the Adaptive Server plugin for Sybase
Central.
However, when I try to open Sybase Central after the install, there is
no plugin found in Sybase Central.

I tried the same using mergemodules (ASA plugin for sybase central),
but the result is the same.

When including all the mergemodules I also miss some dll's that is
needed with dbremote (??smtp.dll)

cobolman

Sep 26, 2007, 8:02:03 AM9/26/07
could it be any missing files which I can include?
In order for the plug-in to get registered

cobolman

Sep 26, 2007, 9:14:21 AM9/26/07
It seems that I have all the jar files I need to register the plugin,
but still I get this error if I include the asaplugin.jar in
my .scRepository file

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sybase/asa/ASAMenuItem

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

cobolman

Sep 26, 2007, 9:59:19 AM9/26/07
I fixed the problem by changing my .scRepository file and implementing
this in the 'ASA Admin Tool' object.