Merge Modules missing asa.jpr

Jim Cullison

Feb 11, 2004, 12:56:33 PM2/11/04
The install shield merge modules seem to be missing the asa plugin
registration file. I assume it should be in the AsaPlugin module, but it is
not. When trying to register the plug in in Sybase Central, it asks for
either a jpr file or a jar file. I can point it to the asaplugin.jar, but I
have no idea what the classpath should be and it complains about missing
classes (error below). Chris Keating told me they are working on the merge
modules to include them in the EBFs. I hope it happens soon. In the
meantime, it looks like I'll have to restort to installing that file
myself...

Jim

ava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sybase/asa/ASAMenuItem
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.RegisterPlugInDialogController.registerProvider(Re
gisterPlugInWizard.java:307)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.RegisterPlugInDialogController.onWizardFinish(Regi
sterPlugInWizard.java:152)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjWizardDialog.onWizardFinish(ScjWizardDialog.jav
a:433)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjWizardDialog.actionPerformed(ScjWizardDialog.ja
va:513)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjBaseDialog.showDialog(ScjBaseDialog.java:448)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjWizardDialog.render(ScjWizardDialog.java:141)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjDialogSupport.render(ScjDialogSupport.java:156)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.RegisterPlugInWizard.displayWizardDialog(RegisterP
lugInWizard.java:69)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.PluginDlg.registerButtonPressed(PluginDlg.java:308
)
at com.sybase.central.viewer.PluginDlg.actionPerformed(PluginDlg.java:516)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjBaseDialog.showDialog(ScjBaseDialog.java:448)
at com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjDialog.render(ScjDialog.java:99)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ScjDialogSupport.render(ScjDialogSupport.java:156)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ViewerManager.showPluginDlg(ViewerManager.java:935
)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.ViewerManager.menuItemSelected(ViewerManager.java:
980)
at
com.sybase.central.viewer.BaseMenuItem.actionPerformed(BaseMenuItem.java:150
)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Unkno
wn Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

Jim Cullison

Feb 11, 2004, 2:44:04 PM2/11/04
I finally got the plugin to register. The merge modules do not install
asa.jar and debugger.jar, which are apparently required to be able to
register the asa plugin.

asa.jpr contents that works (assuming the install goes to the default merge
module locations):
PluginFile=C:\\ASA\\java\\asaplugin.jar
AdditionalClasspath=C:\\ASA\\Shared\\jConnect-5_5\\classes\\jconn2.jar;C:\\A
SA\\java\\isql.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\asa.jar;C:\\ASA\\Shared\\java\\JComponents
14.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\xerces.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\xml4j.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\jlo
gon.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\jodbc.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\debugger.jar

Jim

"Jim Cullison" <cullisonj_AT_posim_DOT_net> wrote in message

Jim Cullison

Feb 11, 2004, 4:02:07 PM2/11/04
Gordon,

I can log into Sybase Central without error, but clicking the Services tab
gives this error:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: getServicesList
at com.sybase.asa.util.ServiceSet.getServicesList(Native Method)
at com.sybase.asa.util.ServiceSet.open(ServiceSet.java:32)
at com.sybase.asa.plugin.ServiceSetBO.populate(ServiceSetBO.java:185)
at com.sybase.asa.plugin.ServiceSetBO.open(ServiceSetBO.java:165)
at
com.sybase.asa.plugin.ASAContainerHelper.onNotify(ASAContainerHelper.java:49
9)
at
com.sybase.asa.plugin.ASABaseDetailsContainer.onNotify(ASABaseDetailsContain
er.java:320)
at com.sybase.central.viewer.DetailsList.onOpen(DetailsList.java:228)
... etc ...

I assume this means a dll that failed to register because of the "native
method" note.

For your benefit, I have included the contents of a couple of my files.

Regards,
Jim

Here is my .scRepository:

Providers/asa90/Name=Adaptive Server Anywhere 9
Providers/asa90/Classpath=C:\\ASA\\java\\asaplugin.jar
Providers/asa90/UseClassloader=true
Providers/asa90/AdditionalClasspath=C:\\ASA\\Shared\\jConnect-5_5\\classes\\
jconn2.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\isql.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\asa.jar;C:\\ASA\\Shared\\j
ava\\JComponents14.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\xerces.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\xml4j.jar;C:
\\ASA\\java\\jlogon.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\jodbc.jar;C:\\ASA\\java\\debugger.jar
Providers/asa90/Version=9.0.0.1235
Providers/asa90/ProviderId=asa90
Providers/asa90/Provider=com.sybase.asa.plugin.ASAPlugin
SCRepositoryInfo/Version=4

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but here is my .scUserPreferences
too:

ConnectionProfileData/Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0 Sample/Autostart=false
Profiles/asa90/DebuggerDetailsDivider2Pos=-1
Profiles/asa90/ShowDesignDetails=0
Profiles/asa90/DebuggerDetailsDivider1Pos=-1
Profiles/asa90/JavaSourcePath=c:\_asa\_java\_asaplugin.jar
UserPrefRepositoryInfo/StatusbarVisible=true
UserPrefRepositoryInfo/Location=10 10 599 400
UserPrefRepositoryInfo/ToolbarVisible=true
UserPrefRepositoryInfo/ToolbarSplitter=149
UserPrefRepositoryInfo/Splitter=200
UserPrefRepositoryInfo/TreeVisible=true
UserPrefRepositoryInfo/BottomSplitter=200
UserPrefRepositoryInfo/Version=4
ProviderData/asa90/Autoload=true
ProviderData/mobilink90/Autoload=false

"Gordon Holfelder" <gor...@20pines.com> wrote in message
> I discovered the same problem. I just took the file .scRepository for my
> working system and manually changed it to point at the appropriate files
(I
> think). It also appears that asa.jar and debugger.jar are also missing.
> After I included these files (manually added to install sheild project)
> Sybase Central will install. I am still getting an error when I attempt to
> login (see attached text file), though ISQL will login w/out any problems.
>
> Any ideas on clearing up this problem? I think that this is our last
> problem. This is really causing a crimp in being able to release our
> imbedded application.
>
> Gordon

Gordon Holfelder

Feb 12, 2004, 2:02:35 PM2/12/04
The only difference I see is that I als have:

Providers/asa90/InitialLoadOrder=0

in the repositor. The list of classepath arguments is pretty hard to
decipher. The paths I use (I copied from advanced tab) are:

C:\Program Files\AccuFund\ASA\java\isql.jar
C:\Program Files\AccuFund\ASA\java\asa.jar
C:\Program Files\AccuFund\ASA\Shared\java\JComponents14.jar
C:\Program Files\AccuFund\ASA\java\xerces.jar
C:\Program Files\AccuFund\ASA\java\xml4j.jar
C:\Program Files\AccuFund\ASA\java\jlogon.jar
C:\Program Files\AccuFund\ASA\Shared\jConnect-5_5\classes\jconn2.jar
C:\Program Files\AccuFund\ASA\java\debugger.jar
C:\Program Files\AccuFund\ASA\java\jodbc.jar

I created a "MissingJarFiles" component whose target is <TARGETDIR>\ASA\Java
and includes the following files:
asa.jar
dbmaen.jar
debugger.jar
with these files, the services tab works just fine. I just cant complete the
connection to a database. Can you connect to a database?
HTH you in moving forward.
Regards,

"Jim Cullison" <cullisonj_AT_posim_DOT_net> wrote in message

Jim Cullison

Feb 12, 2004, 5:23:30 PM2/12/04
I can connect to a database without problems, but still have problems with
services.

Do you update the path variable on the target machine? Do you modify the
sybase registry keys? I found it puts an extra backslash into the registry:
"Additional classpath" under Sybase Central 4.2. I also just found that
dbsvc.exe and dbodbc.exe are not installed by the merge modules. It seems
like the problems will never end with these things. I am getting the
feeling that nobody has used them but us two.

Jim

"Gordon Holfelder" <gor...@20pines.com> wrote in message

Jim Cullison

Feb 12, 2004, 6:30:51 PM2/12/04
Now I can get into services, but unfortunately I'm not sure whether it was
updating the system path or something else that fixed it. One thing I had
wrong for a while was the path to JComponents14.jar in my .scRepository
which was keeping the plugin from loading.

For your connection problem with the method not found, the difference may be
an EBF or version. What EBF (or did you install 9.0.1) are you on, and
which MergeModule zip file are you using? I am using the 1235 merge module
zip file, but have EBF 1270 installed on top of 9.0.0. I'm not ready to
install 9.0.1, as several people have mentioned that Sybase Central has
problems in that version.

That missing method seems to be in asa.jar - com.sybase.asa.ASAUtils class.
The modified date on my asa.jar is January 31, 2004, 7:54:34 AM, the size is
162,137 bytes. I assume yours is not the same version. asa.jar has an
ASAVersion class inside it, but there is not an easy way to read that out if
you don't have some decent java tools at hand.

Jim

Gordon Holfelder

Feb 12, 2004, 6:54:35 PM2/12/04
I got a new set of mm from sybase. With this set, after adding debugger.jar,
asa.jar and .scRepository to my installshield project, everything works.

Thanks,
Gordon

"Jim Cullison" <cullisonj_AT_posim_DOT_net> wrote in message

Jim Cullison

Feb 12, 2004, 7:34:01 PM2/12/04
Are you talking about the MM_EBF1235.zip on the ftp site? That is what I am
using, and I'm wondering if you have a newer set.

Jim

"Gordon Holfelder" <gor...@20pines.com> wrote in message

Raymond Kwong

Feb 14, 2004, 9:13:39 PM2/14/04
Hello Both Jim and Gordon,

Please do not disclose locations of merge module files to customers. These
are meant to be files placed on the server for individual customer
downloads.

Because of what merge modules include, iAnywhere is not going to release any
of these fixed merge modules in EBFs. Individual customers working with us
on existing support tickets will be noticed on the locations of the "fixed"
files for downloads.

What was done previously in this thread basically amounts to giving away
licensed software for free for the convenience of unauthorized users and I
have to put a stop on that by removing those two files from the FTP server.

Raymond Kwong
iAnywhere Solutions