Error trying access Microsoft SQL Server, error SQLSTATE = 4200

Juliano

Dec 27, 2008, 11:12:20 PM12/27/08
When I try acess a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (I don't try others
versions of SQL Server) I have the error, Unable to list the tables.
SQLSTATE = 42000 Microsoft SQL Native Client Incorret syntax near 'u'.
I am making a connection using sql authentication using the sa owner,
that is the owner of all my database, anyone know what is happing? I
try in two machines and with two instances of Sql server.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank's in advanced.

Juliano de Oliveira Alexandre

Ties Blom

Jan 30, 2009, 9:15:03 AM1/30/09
This typically happens when you create a DSN with a default database
specified. If you do this , then Powerdesigner will not be able to read the
appropriate systemtables.
You should only define the SQL server instance in the DSN and select the
appropriate database from within Powerdesigner.

[The funny thing is , that all available views are listed whereas the tables
are not with an incorrect DSN]

"Juliano" <juli...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

Juliano

Feb 21, 2009, 10:35:13 AM2/21/09
Thank's for your reply, but after I change to no default
database, I receive other error message, Unable to list the
tables, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]Statement(s) cold not be prepared.
SQLSTATE = 37000.

Thank's for any help.

Juliano

Feb 21, 2009, 11:56:39 AM2/21/09
I find a aswer with a "how to" solve this problem, but the
is a query that need changes yet, I exaple, I can't see the
view in the correct tab when I am making a reverse
engenieer.

http://www.dbforums.com/sybase/1615658-powerdesigner-problem.html