The SoapClient doesn't support .NET proxy

MichaelKörner

Jul 9, 2009, 2:14:31 AM7/9/09
Now in the right forum...

Hello,

we tryed to call a Webservice from a PB-Application.
We are using PB 10.5.1 Build 6662, a .NET Proxy and a
SoapConnect.
When we are calling the WebService, the message:

"The SoapClient doesn't support .NET proxy"
comes.

We deployed the following libs (among other libs)into the
same directory as
the executable on the client machine, but it doesn't helped:

Sybase.Powerbuilder.WebService.Runtime.dll
Sybase.PowerBuilder.WebService.RuntimeRemoteLoader.dll
Sybase.PowerBuilder.WebService.WSDL.dll
Sybase.PowerBuilder.WebService.WSDLRemoteLoader.dll

EasySoap105.DLL
ExPat105.dll
libeay32.dll
pbnetwsruntime105.dll
pbsoapclient105.pbx
pbwsclient105.pbx
ssleay32.dll
xerces-c_2_6.dll
xerces-depdom_2_6.dll

pbsoapclient105.pbd
pbwsclient105.pbd
pbsoapclient105.pbx
pbwsclient105.pbx

Any ideas?

Regards,
Michael

Bruce Armstrong

Jul 9, 2009, 2:23:36 AM7/9/09

Well, did the answer I provided in the wrong forum help at all?

-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog: http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong

MichaelKörner

Jul 9, 2009, 9:34:01 AM7/9/09

we copied the
pbsoapclient105.pbd and the pbwsclient105.pbd
from C:\Programme\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder
into the same directory as the executable and completed the
LibrarySearchPath, but it doesn't help.

Michael

> Well, did the answer I provided in the wrong forum help at
> all?

Bruce Armstrong

Jul 9, 2009, 10:00:17 AM7/9/09

Ok, that means you didn't understand what I said.

There are two different engines for talking with web services, a newer
one (.Net) and an older one (EasySOAP).

There are two different PBNI extensions to support those two engines:
pbwsclient (.Net) and pbsoapclient (EasySoap).

Depending on which engine you are using, you will include one - AND
ONLY ONE - of those extensions in your application.

You will do that by either (a) importing the objects from that one PBX
into your own PBL or (b) by added that one PBD file matching that one
PBX into your library list.

In either case, you need to deploy that one PBX with your application.
If you include that one PBD in your application library list, you will
need to deploy that one PBD as well.

They contain different versions of the same objects. If you include
both, only one will be seen by PowerBuilder (whichever one is higher
in the library search path).

The error message you are getting means that you build the proxy for
one engine (.Net) but that the PBNI extension your application is
seeing is for the other (EasySOAP).

If you are using the .Net engine, there is no need to use
pbsoapclient.pbx and pbsoapclient.pbd at all or the objects they
contain. Strictly use the pbwsclient.pbx and pbwsclient.pbd.

Could they have made it more confusing? Perhaps, but I think they
were trying to make it possible to switch between them by regenerating
the proxies using the other engine and change out the extension but
not have to change existing code.

On 9 Jul 2009 06:34:01 -0700, Michael Körner wrote:

>Hi,
>
>we copied the
>pbsoapclient105.pbd and the pbwsclient105.pbd
>from C:\Programme\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder
>into the same directory as the executable and completed the
>LibrarySearchPath, but it doesn't help.
>
>Michael
>> Well, did the answer I provided in the wrong forum help at
>> all?

Ben

Jul 10, 2009, 9:43:23 AM7/10/09
Hi Bruce,
I hope you have seen my posts here and please help me with
this problem.
I have made very sure that I have imported the correct
PBWsClient110.pbx file, and that I have checked the .Net
WSDL engine raido button. Plus, I was able to call all the
WS methods of one WSDL (built in Java) and got all the data
back. I applied the 11.2 patches only because I got the "The
definition of the method signature in Web Service proxy is
wrong." error on another WS (built in .Net). Now I can no
longer generate the proxy for the .Net web service and get
stuck at the SoapConnection.CreateInstance() call
indefinitely.

I tried it again on the Java web service today and found a
warning:

CriMNetStatuteService.cs(33,33): warning CS0618:
'System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings' is
obsolete: 'This method is obsolete, it has been replaced by
System.Configuration!System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings'

I have all versions of the .Net Framework when I installed
the 3.5 SP1 (I followed a Microsft manager's advice and
removed all the old versions and installed 3.5 SP1).

Is there anything I can do about the warning?

Thanks.

Ben