Why is PB unable to parse this WSDL?

JanuszD

Jan 17, 2005, 2:33:51 PM1/17/05
I am using PB 10.0.1 build 5502.
Using "New -> Web Service Proxy Wizard" I am trying to create a PB client proxy
for Melissa Data:
http://ws.melissadata.com/dqws/address.asmx?WSDL
The wizard fails to create the proxy - here is the captured output:

---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_ws_proxy2
Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from WebService...
Importing WebService Proxies into PB Library
C:\download\MelissaData\pb10_ws_test.pbl...
Generation Errors:
Deployment Error: No files returned from server for service_port:
'mdWebServices_mdWebServicesSoap' Error code: 'Cannot parse the WSDL file '
Proxy was not created.

Jim O'Neil [Sybase]

Jan 17, 2005, 6:24:11 PM1/17/05
I just tried this with the latest 10.0 internal build and it generated
a proxy fine, so it appears a fix/enhancement has been added, but I do
not know at what point. You could try the latest EBF from
downloads.sybase.com (build 6044, I think). If it's not working
there, then you'll have to wait a bit until the external releases
catch up with whatever internal build I'm on. The capability would be
in 10.0.2 coming in the March timeframe.

On 17 Jan 2005 11:33:51 -0800, "JanuszD" <Jan...@DiscusDental.com>

Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]

Jan 18, 2005, 6:49:46 AM1/18/05
FYI: I tried it with mu 10.0.1.6044 build and I was able to create the proxy
correctly.

On 17 Jan 2005 11:33:51 -0800,

in sybase.public.powerbuilder.webservices

-----------------------------
Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]

JanuszD

Jan 18, 2005, 9:36:40 AM1/18/05
I tried build 6044 (see Andy Turiansky's response to my original posting); here
is the result:

---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_ws_proxy1

Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from WebService...
Importing WebService Proxies into PB Library
C:\download\MelissaData\pb10_ws_test.pbl...
Generation Errors:
Deployment Error: No files returned from server for service_port:

'mdWebServices_mdWebServicesSoap' Error code: 'Fail to generate proxy for the
port ' Proxy was not created.
---------- Finished Deploy of p_ws_proxy1

I will take your successful test as a positive response and I will wait for yet
another build. Hope this doesn't mean waiting for PB 11 or 12. By then my
superiors might make a drastic decision to go elswhere and I would hate this:
I've been doing PB since version 2.
Thanks, guys.

Janusz

On 17 Jan 2005 15:24:11 -0800,
in sybase.public.powerbuilder.webservices