PowerBuilder and Windows 7

asbjornmellemstrand

Oct 26, 2009, 8:23:55 AM10/26/09
I have not seen any statement from Sybase on PowerBuilder
and Windows 7 support.
We have a big customer that plans to convert to Windows 7
soon.
We currently use PB 11.2.
Can we expect that PB 11.2 will get a maintenance version
that will support Windows 7, or will it be 11.5?
And when?

Terry Voth [TeamSybase]

Oct 26, 2009, 12:32:59 PM10/26/09
Historically, PB has seldom added official support for OSes in
maintenance release; this usually comes in major releases. I've heard
Sybase say Win7 support will be in PB12.

That being said, MS seems to have done a pretty good job on ap
compatibility, and several PB apps have been running on Win7 beta and
RC without incident. The long and the short of it is that it doesn't
matter as much if PB runs on Win7, but if what you're doing runs on
Win7. (I can guarantee you I can write an app that will work on XP and
not Vista, even if PB11.5 supports Vista.) Probably what will be more
important is your own test cycle.

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated June 25/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=

Andrea Rimicci

Oct 27, 2009, 4:52:53 AM10/27/09
We have a production project (used to run about 12M$/year businesses)
developed on PB 11.5.1, we have tested it on Windows 7 machines and
got no problems so far.
--
Andrea Rimicci - Elle s.n.c. - Tel. +39 393 5497010
Sede legale e operativa: Via Bellini 13R - 17100 Savona (SV)

Tyler Cruse

Oct 27, 2009, 6:41:01 AM10/27/09
I have been using Win 7 RTM 64 since 8/4 and have no problems with
deployment or IDE
(except for the bugs in PB 11.5.1 that get all os's )

"Andrea Rimicci" <see.my.s...@ellesnc.com> wrote in message

Troy

Oct 27, 2009, 9:44:38 AM10/27/09
In case you didnt see Dave's post over in futures..

------------------
PowerBuilder 12 will support Windows 7 at GA. We certainly want to
hear from customers using Windows 7 during the PowerBuilder 12 Beta.
Let us know of any issues you encounter.

PowerBuilder 11.5 will support Windows 7 in an upcoming EBF or MR. No
scheduled date yet but engineering is looking into it and I'll post
information here when it becomes available. In the meantime we welcome
support cases from customers who are encountering issues today.

It is doubtful that PowerBuilder 11.2 will be supported on Windows 7.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

---------------------

Troy

Chris Pollach

Oct 27, 2009, 11:51:21 AM10/27/09

Hi Asbjorn ;

I just converted two if my Vista PC's to Windows 7 GA over the weekend. I
am happy to report that IM / PB 11.2, 11.5.1 and 12.0 /12.NET (beta) are all
working great. FWIW: EAServer 6.3, SS2008 and ASE 15.0.3 are also working
perfectly as well.

BTW: I am using W7 32-bit.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

<Asbjorn Mellemstrand> wrote in message

Tyler Cruse

Oct 31, 2009, 10:16:34 PM10/31/09
We have several of our customers using our 11.5.1 application with out any
reported problems since W7 public beta (64 BIT).
My development machines were converted to W7 RTM 64 bit back in August with
no issues.
Our QA is done on both 32 and 64 W7 machines.

So, my best advise is that if your applications work well on Vista then they
will probably work well under W7

"Chris Pollach" <cpol...@travel-net.com> wrote in message