PB 11.5.1 Runtime Packaer

Lisa

Jun 3, 2009, 10:37:44 AM6/3/09
Hello,

I've just installed PowerBuilder 11.5.1. I'm trying to use
the PowerBuilder Runtime Packager to create an MSI with the
PowerBuilder runtime DLLs. When I hit create, about a third
of the way through I get the error "Linking Msi for
PowerBuilder.NET runtime get an error." for both
"PowerBuilder Standard Components" and "PowerBuilder .NET
Components"

Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA,
Lisa

Chris Pollach

Jun 3, 2009, 12:54:09 PM6/3/09
Hi Lisa;

I just tested this on Vista 32bit and XP Pro and it worked OK for both
packaging options for me.

Can you tell us more about your environment maybe?

Also ....

1) make sure that your temporary path is short and has no spaces in it. The
C/C# linkage editors do not like long path names or folder names with
spaces. I use "C:/Temp".
2) Did you refresh the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) with the new PB 11.5.1
dll's? I did this manually after the PB 11.5.1 installation using the .NET
2.0 Admin feature in the O/S console (just to be safe).

HTH

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

Lisa

Jun 3, 2009, 5:52:18 PM6/3/09
Thanks Chris. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling and
that corrected the error message.