Powerbuilder 9 compatibility with Windows 7

Development_ISI

Jan 13, 2010, 9:39:33 AM1/13/10
Hello...I was wondering if Powerbuilder 9.0.1 build 7236
compatible with Windows 7

Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]

Jan 13, 2010, 11:17:46 AM1/13/10
It might work, but it definitely is not supported.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

<Development_ISI> wrote in message

Development_ISI

Jan 13, 2010, 11:56:34 AM1/13/10
So if it's not supported than I defently will not know for
sure if it's work or not. Do you know if the supported
version 11.5 is compatible with Windows 7.thanks

Terry Voth [TeamSybase]

Jan 13, 2010, 12:56:40 PM1/13/10
If it is, it's entirely because of Microsoft's work at backward
compatibility; Sybase stopped work on PB9 years ago.

What might be as much if not more of an issue is whether *your* app is
compatible with Win7. For example, one XP and previous practice is to
write to an INI file or data files that are stored in the same
directory as the program file; that is no longer legal in Vista and
Win7.

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

On 13 Jan 2010 06:39:33 -0800, Development_ISI wrote:

>Hello...I was wondering if Powerbuilder 9.0.1 build 7236
>compatible with Windows 7

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated June 25/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=

Terry Voth [TeamSybase]

Jan 13, 2010, 1:02:51 PM1/13/10
Someone from Sybase mentioned that a release "later this year" will
provide Win7 "support". Keep in mind that means that a) they've made
an effort to make it compatible, and b) if you run into problems on
Win7 that they can't reproduce on another platform, support will take
your call (if you have a support contract or buy a support incident).
It doesn't mean that releases before this will *not* work on Win7; I
run 11.5 on Win7 every day with no problems, which doesn't mean *you*
won't do something that will break. It just means you're in a crap
shoot and you're on your own before this release.

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

*********************************

Dmitri

Jan 14, 2010, 2:14:31 AM1/14/10
Development_ISI wrote:

> So if it's not supported than I defently will not know for
> sure if it's work or not

Try and see if it works.

Dmitri.

Jeremy Lakeman

Jan 14, 2010, 6:39:08 AM1/14/10
I run PB10 ok on 64bit windows 7, just with a UAC prompt when you
start it.
But I can't say I've stress tested it at all.

On Jan 14, 4:02 am, "Terry Voth [TeamSybase]" <seq...@techno-

> Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungryhttp://www.freerice.com

sr.c...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2015, 9:45:46 AM6/6/15
Buenos días,
Ando buscando parches para power builder 9
Agradecería montones me pudieran ayudar