Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

Powerbuilder 11.5 on Windows 7 64 bit cannot open excel files

1.127 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

ralf

ongelezen,
8 jun 2012, 16:48:2608-06-2012
aan marty.o...@intergraphgovsolutions.com
I have an app that is rounding up data in a datawindow and doing a
saveAs to an excel file. That works fine. After the initial save to
an excel, I need to open the excel file back up as an OLE object and
add formulas, columns, data etc. This has been working for years
without a problem. Now the customer has moved on to a 64 bit machine
and it is failing. There was never a problem on the 32 bit machines.
Here is the line of code that is now failing.
lole_excel.application.WorkBooks.Open(ls_save_pathname)

ls_save_pathname is a valid path and the file is actually there. Mind
you, it has been saved to disk from a datawindow about 6 lines of code
above where I am trying to open it up again.

The error message is : Error calling external object function open at
line 872 in ue_ok event of w_exhibit.

It is referning to the 'open' statement posted above. I have seen
post from 3-4 years ago about work arounds by editing the registry or
creating 'dummy' directories to make it work. This is not valid for
me as the customer would never let that happen. I do understand PB
11.5 is for 32 bit machines, but does anyone know how to fix this
problem?

Wheeley

ongelezen,
16 jul 2012, 03:06:0416-07-2012
aan
On Windws Vistza and forward Microsoft change how OLE runs in the OS.
So priviledges wich wre there before have changed.To get it to work
you need to check a couple of things:

1. Make sure the version of Excel is 32-bit
2. They need to have the following folder created on their machine
with both read and write permissions:
c:\Windows\SysWow64\config\systemprofile\Desktop

This assumes your windows os is installed in c:\windows.

Hope this helps
Wheeley

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]

ongelezen,
18 jul 2012, 19:58:0218-07-2012
aan marty.o...@intergraphgovsolutions.com
Although this group is active on the Sybase server the feed between Google and the Sybase server is not currently working. If you post through Goolge the post will never show up on the Sybase server, and most people who answer questions in that group will never see it. Instead, you may want to access the Sybase newsgroups directly at:

http://www.sybase.com/detail_list?id=11507&pageNum=1&multi=true&show=1248

On Friday, June 8, 2012 1:48:26 PM UTC-7, ralf wrote:
> I have an app that is rounding up data in a datawindow and doing a
> saveAs to an excel file. That works fine. After the initial save to
> an excel, I need to open the excel file back up as an OLE object and
> add formulas, columns, data etc. This has been working for years
> without a problem. Now the customer has moved on to a 64 bit machine
> and it is failing. There was never a problem on the 32 bit machines.
> Here is the line of code that is now failing.
> lole_excel.application.WorkBooks.Open(ls_save_pathname)
>
> ls_save_pathname is a valid path and the file is actually there. Mind
> you, it has been saved to disk from a datawindow about 6 lines of code
> above where I am trying to open it up again.
>
> The error message is : Error calling external object function open at
> line 872 in ue_ok event of w_exhibit.
>
> It is referning to the 'open' statement posted above. I have seen
> post from 3-4 years ago about work arounds by editing the registry or
> creating 'dummy' directories to make it work. This is not valid for
0 nieuwe berichten