Powerbuilder does not support mysql stored procedure which contain result set

Pash

Nov 28, 2009, 9:30:02 AM11/28/09
Hi Prashant here i am using following version

PB : Powerbuilder 7 & 9
RDBMS : Mysql 5.1.36 Windows binary 32bit
DOBC : Mysql ODBC Driver 5.1.6
Problem : I had written a stored procedure in mysql which is nothing
but a result set here is syntax
Community : Freeware Software Developement

CREATE PROCEDURE test_rpt (in coid int)
begin
select co_id, it_name from item where co_id = 1;
end

But if i create a datawindow report it wont run and in my databse
painter also i try to run the procedure in isql
windows it gives me an error "The database does not currently support
retrieval of procedure text.;"

What it is? is there any way out to solve this problem.

Paul Horan[Sybase]

Nov 28, 2009, 8:46:29 PM11/28/09
To be honest, both of those products are well past their EOL dates, so
Sybase's only response can be "upgrade to a supported version".

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/

"Pash" <prashan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Peter Piechutzki

Nov 30, 2009, 8:16:13 AM11/30/09
@Paul:
hmm, so updating to PB 11.5 fully ensures MySql support?

@Pash: don't bet on it, we're using MySQL in production environment scince
PB 10, are now on PB 11.5.1 and still recieve "The database does not
currently support retrieval of procedure text." Allthough recieving this
message we at least can use a stored procedure as Datasource for a
Datawindow (tested in our current PB 11.5.1). We just can't see the actual
code of the procedure.

Another drawback with PB<->MYSQL I think worth mentioning is that it takes a
very long time (at least 5secs) for the IDE to retrieve the datwindow source
of any datawindow. This seems due to slow response on Primary and Foreign
Key retrieval.

It would be so great if Sybase would enhance the support of MySql via ODBC
or even implement a direkt interface.

It may also be of interest to you, that we modified our PBODBC.INI to
include a Mysql section which allows us at least to use Identity Columns
with MySql:

>[MySQL]
>PBSyntax='MySQL_SYNTAX'
>
>[MySQL_SYNTAX]
>GetIdentity='Select @@identity'

regards

Peter
PB: Powerbuilder 11.5.1 Build 4608
RDBMS: MySQL 5.0.51b
DODBC: Mysql Client 5.1.11
Problem: same as Pash

"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:4b11d275@forums-1-dub...

Chris Keating (Sybase iAnywhere)

Nov 30, 2009, 12:26:34 PM11/30/09
Does the MySQL ODBC driver support the underlying calls needed to
determine the resultset? Perhaps you can run an ODBC trace that captures
this problem behaviour and post here for review. I think PB calls
SQLNumResultCols and SQLDescribeCol to determine the schema.

As for the message "The database does not currently support
retrieval of procedure text.", I doubt that would impact the invoking of
a procedure but will create issues in the datawindow and database
painters that attempt to display the precedure syntax. Since this is
generally specific to the vendor, the statement used to get this
information is usually defined in the PBODBx.INI file in the section
related to the ODBC driver that is being used. Since MySQL has no entry
in that file, PB has no knowledge of how to retrieve this syntax and
reports this message. You can add this into the file. There is
documentation related to this at the end of the file.

-chris

Pash

Dec 2, 2009, 4:33:33 AM12/2/09
reply to "Chris Keating (Sybase iAnywhere)"
<keating_nos...@sybase.com>

Does any body have that string [mysql_syntax] if u can put it on group
that will be g8 help for me

Thanks in advance