WebLogic integration

1 view

Dan Zivkovic

Oct 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/13/00
I added the following to weblogic.properties:

#
# Sybase jConnect JDBC connection pool
#
weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.sybasePool=\
url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:2638,\
driver=com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver,\
testTable=sybase,
initialCapacity=1,\
maxCapacity=4,\
props=user=weblogic;password=weblogic;server=sybase,\
allow=everyone

However, when I start WebLogic, I get the following:

Fri Oct 13 17:32:49 PDT 2000:<I> <JDBC Pool> Creating connection pool
sybasePool
with:{aclName=weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.sybasePool, poolName=sybasePool}
Fri Oct 13 17:32:49 PDT 2000:<E> <JDBC Pool> Failed to create connection
pool "sybasePool"
java.lang.Exception: Missing startup value "url" in JDBC Connection Pool
sybasePool
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.getPoolValue(ConnectionPool.jav
a:359)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.startup(ConnectionPool.java:246
)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.initPools(JdbcInfo.java:117)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.startup(JdbcInfo.java:200)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcStartup.main(JdbcStartup.java:11)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.runMain(StartupThread.java:219)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.doWork(StartupThread.java:109)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.PropertyExecuteThread.run(PropertyExecuteThread.java:62)

Why? The URL parameter is clearly there, and I've tried replacing localhost
with the IP address.
The error makes no sense.

Environment:
Windows 2000
Sun JDK 1.3
WebLogic 5 sp6 (latest trial)
Sybase 7 (latest trial)
jConnect 5 (driver bundled with WebLogic)

- danz

Dave Wolf [Sybase]

Oct 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/14/00
Please post this to a weblogic newsgroup.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Dan Zivkovic" <da...@xign.com> wrote in message

Charlie Crook

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Your problem is the url entry for the ASA database; the localhost is not
understood.

jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:2638

If your database is on your local machine, you should use:
jdbc:sybase:Tds:127.0.0.1:2638

If your database is on some other machine, you should use its ip number:
jdbc:sybase:Tds:your_ip_number:2638

Dan Zivkovic

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Actually...

"Charlie Crook" <cro...@tvratings.com> wrote in message

> Your problem is the url entry for the ASA database; the localhost is not
> understood.
>
> jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:2638
>
> If your database is on your local machine, you should use:
> jdbc:sybase:Tds:127.0.0.1:2638

> > Why? The URL parameter is clearly there, and I've tried replacing

ocalhost
> > with the IP address.
> > The error makes no sense.

I had done so, and it made no difference.

Andrea Delle Chiaie

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Dan Zivkovic wrote:

> I added the following to weblogic.properties:
>
> #
> # Sybase jConnect JDBC connection pool
> #
> weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.sybasePool=\
> url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:2638,\
> driver=com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver,\
> testTable=sybase,
> initialCapacity=1,\
> maxCapacity=4,\
> props=user=weblogic;password=weblogic;server=sybase,\
> allow=everyone

Don't you miss the specification of the database name ?????
Generally the url is "jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:2638/DBNAME"

I don't know much about weblogic, but in your code I'm not able to find
the db name.
Hpe this helps....
Bye
Mr. Andrea DelleChiaie

l...@genera.no

Jan 15, 2001, 5:20:16 AM1/15/01
I'm after is a short bullet list on how to set up
connection pools and data sources (the JNDI part specifically)
with WebLogic and jConnect / Sybase (have scanned both
BEA and Sybase doc without luck...)
Does such a list exist?

Thanks very much in advance,

- lars ivar

--
Lars Ivar Næss
Senior Developer

Phone: +47 23899000 Direct: +47 23899835
Telefax: +47 23899801 Cellular: +47 99738635
http://www.genera.no mailto:l...@genera.no
Visiting address: Maries vei 20, 1363 Høvik, Norway
Mail address: Postboks 191, 1325 Lysaker, Norway

Joseph Weinstein

Jan 15, 2001, 6:29:32 PM1/15/01
to l...@genera.no

Sure, no problem. Here is an example of a Sybase pool and
a JTS Transactional DataSource:

weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.myJConnectPool=\
url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:172.17.10.7:5000,\
driver=com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver,\
initialCapacity=1,\
maxCapacity=1,\
props=user=sa;password=,\
allow=guest;joe;jill;everyone

weblogic.jdbc.TXDataSource.myJtsDataSource=myJConnectPool

Joe Weinstein at BEA, the home of WebLogic

--

PS: Folks: BEA WebLogic is expanding rapidly, with both entry and advanced positions
for people who want to work with Java, XML, SOAP and E-Commerce infrastructure products.