Problem with Messages_de_DE.class in jconn2.jar :-(

Hans Kula

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

Hello World,

After spending days with searching for my mistake i hope
anybody can tell me what is going wrong.
I'am using NS4.x with jre1.2, w3c jigsaw with TdsTunnelServlet.

On my local machine, which is running all servers (www:80, jigsaw as gateway
on port 8001 and db on another server), everything works well,
but if i'am using another machine on our intranet the following Exception is
thrown...
A closer Look to jconn2.jar shows that the classfile

com/sybase/jdbc2/utils/resource/Messages_de_DE.class does not exist !!!!
com/sybase/jdbc2/utils/resource/Messages_de.class does exists !!!
com/sybase/jdbc2/utils/resource/Messages_en_US.class does exist !!!!

mmmmhhhhh...

has anybody an idea what is goig wrong here ????

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.ClassFormatError: com/sybase/jdbc2/utils/resource/Messages_de_DE
(Bad magic number)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(Compiled Code)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Compiled Code)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:334)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.utils.CacheManager.<clinit>(CacheManager.java:109)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.getProtocolContext(Tds.java:1881)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.login(Tds.java:217)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.<init>(Compiled Code)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver.connect(SybDriver.java:219)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:106)

Thanks in advance for response
Hans

Lance Andersen

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

Can you try the same thing with a different webserver such as netscape
3.6.

What happens if you use the jdk 1.1 with the gateway version instead of
gateway2

lance
team sybase

Lance J. Andersen Email: lan...@sybase.com
Sybase Product Support Engineering Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street Fax: (781) 564-6148
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!! Let's Go Penguins!!!

Steve Clarke

May 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/14/99
Hi Lance / Hans...

I've also got a similar problem, I'm using jre1.2.1, and ie4.01

java.lang.ClassFormatError: com/sybase/utils/resource/Messages_en (Bad

magic number)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)

Has anyone got any ideas on whats going on?

In article <3726EDBB...@sybase.com>,