ColdFusion Delete: JZ0CU Error

Jim_Ward

May 1, 2003, 12:27:19 PM5/1/03
I'm using jConnect 5.5 with ColdFusion MX Server Professional and Sybase
ASE 12 on Windows 2000.

Whenever I try a delete in the Cold Fusion page with the cfquery tag, I get
the following error:

JZ0CU: getUpdateCount can only be called once after a successful call to
getMoreResult, or execute methods.

It's a very simple delete. Queries seem to work fine. Please email me
with any repsonses.

Thanks for any help.
Jim Ward
jim....@us.army.mil

odbcpse

May 1, 2003, 6:24:05 PM5/1/03
to Jim_...@earth.com
We would really need to know what methods are called when this
happens. Perhaps the method is being called more than it should, but
again, I would need to see the implementation.

pv

Joseph Weinstein

May 2, 2003, 12:02:21 PM5/2/03
to Jim_...@bea.com.remove_this

Jim_Ward wrote:

> Here is the stack trace. I'm not quite sure what you mean by what
> implementation.
>
> java.sql.SQLException: JZ0CU: getUpdateCount can only be called once after

> a successful call to getMoreResult, or execute methods.

> at
> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:500)
> at
> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.getUpdateCount(SybStatement.java:806)
> at jrun.sql.JRunStatement.getUpdateCount(JRunStatement.java:428)
> at coldfusion.sql.Executive.getRowSet(Unknown Source)

If you can send the coldfusion.sql.Executive.getRowSet.class file,
it will be easy to determine whether it is written to commit the error the
driver claims it is doing. Alternately, if you are comfortable with decompilers
you can decompile the sybase driver class to print out when getUpdateCount()
is called, and when getMoreResults() is called. Recompile and use your
version, and you will see whether the coldfusion class does what the driver
claims.
Joe Weinstein at BEA

> at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.sql.SqlImpl.execute(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.tagext.sql.QueryTag.doEndTag(Unknown Source)
> at
> cfdelete_test2ecfm2109839780.runPage(D:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\Evaluations\delete_test.cfm:8)
> at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(Unknown
> Source)
> at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(Unknown Source)
> at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
> at
> jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
> at
> jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:226)
> at
> jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:527)
> at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
> at
> jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:348)
> at
> jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:451)
> at
> jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:294)
> at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Jim_Ward

jerry

May 29, 2003, 6:19:47 AM5/29/03
We experience the same problem.
solved it by reinstalling the Coldfusion
Using the Unpatched version of the coldfusion Version 6,0,0,48097

Damon Cooper

Jun 10, 2003, 7:56:46 AM6/10/03
FYI, we have a fix for this for CFMX.

It will be included in the next CFMX maintenance release or you can contact
Macromedia Tech Support.

<jerry> wrote in message