Problems with jConnect and JDK 1.4Beta

Milton Taylor

May 27, 2001, 11:08:42 PM5/27/01
We've just started playing with the new beta release of Java 1.4, which
we really want to use for its new AWT, Swing features and performance
enhancements.

The problem is that something has broken jConnect 5.2. (We've also tried
5.5)
JDK 1.4 is supposed to be binary compatible with earlier bytecode.

The exception is shown below.

As you can see, it has to do with jConect trying to get the Metadata
from the database. This same applications works fine under jdk1.3. The
database DOES contain the metadata, despite what the error says.

Could someone at Sybase please try out the new jdk beta and see if they
can find the cause of the problem?
(We could log a bug in Java Bug Parade, but I don't see how Sun are
going to be able to diagnose the problem...)

Thanks,
Milton Taylor
Ingennia Systems Pty Ltd

Exception:

java.sql.SQLException: JZ0SJ: Metadata accessor information was not
found on this database. Please install the required tables as mentioned
in the jConnect documentation.
at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:490)
at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.MdaManager.getMetaDataAccessor(MdaManager.java:292)

at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.MdaManager.getMetaDataAccessor(MdaManager.java:265)

at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.MdaManager.getMetaDataAccessor(MdaManager.java:256)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.MdaManager.<init>(MdaManager.java:151)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.MdaManager.<init>(MdaManager.java:120)
at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.checkMDA(SybConnection.java:1561)

at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.getMDA(SybConnection.java:1359)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.setOption(Tds.java:1017)
at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.setAutoCommit(SybConnection.java:578)

at com.bv.frz.Main.<init>(Main.java:35)
at com.bv.frz.Main.main(Main.java:118)
SQLException: SQLState(JZ0SJ)

lance.a...@sun.com

May 31, 2001, 9:58:54 AM5/31/01
Please check via Ribo the TDS that was sent and then as
the same user that the app uses, try and execute the sproc
directly from isql.