jconnect error using Hibernate on SuneONE 8.1

barry...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2007, 4:38:15 AM2/1/07
Hello,

When using Hibernate as ORM framework, I get the following errors when
trying to insert a specific item (other similar items work without
problem!!!):

[#|2007-01-31T11:37:46.568+0100|SEVERE|sun-appserver-ee8.1|
net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction|_ThreadID=14;|Rollback
failed
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: A wrong datastream has been
sent to the server. The server was expecting token 236 but got the
token 33. This is an internal error.

at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.processEed(Tds.java:2542)

a bit further, the following exception is shown:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException:
java.io.IOException: JZ0SM: Unsupported SQL type 2005.
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:
469)

I use the following jconn2 library:

Manifest-Version: 1.0^M
Main-Class: SybVersion^M
Created-By: 1.2fcs (Sun Microsystems Inc.)^M
^M
Name: com/sybase/jdbc2/tds^M
Specification-Title: "jConnect for JDBC 2.0" ^M
Implementation-Version: "Build (25298)"^M
Specification-Vendor: "Sybase, Inc."^M
Specification-Version: "5.5"^M
Implementation-Title: "com.sybase.jdbc2.tds" ^M
Implementation-Vendor: "Sybase, Inc."

The error messages JZ006 and JZ0SM tell me the following:
Unsupported SQL type _____.

Action: Do not use Types.NULL, Types.OTHER, or
PreparedStatement.setObject(null)

Which I (as far as I can tell) do not use.

jConnect could not execute a stored procedure because there was a
problem
sending the parameter(s). This problem was likely caused because the
server
does not support a specific datatype, or because jConnect did not
request
support for that datatype at connect time. Try setting the
JCONNECT_VERSION
connection property to a higher value. Or, if possible, try sending
your
procedure execution command as a language statement.

And this puzzles me a bit...

I hope that someone can point me into the direction in which to
look....

Any input is appreciated!
Barry

Paul

Feb 1, 2007, 11:26:04 AM2/1/07
Hi Barry ,

I don't know much about Hibernate at this time, but the jConnect build
you're using is quite old.
You might want to update the jconn2.jar file to see if it resolves this
problem.

Off-hand, this looks like there is something wrong in the TDS stream sent to
the ASE (I assume
its ASE). If you can use the RIBO utility - it will trace out the TDS
between client and the
ASE.

To get RIBO pull down the current 5.5 EBF from the www.sybase.com downloads
page.
I think the current is EBF 13863. In the distribution is the ribo folder,
look at the docs -
this is a gateway logging tds flow between client and server - you would
change the datasource
to connect to host/port of RIBO, and RIBO would then redirect to host/port
of ASE.

Maybe this would provide some clues, but try a current version first to make
sure there is no
bug already fixed.

-Paul

<barry...@gmail.com> wrote in message