JZOSJ

Alexei Chmelev

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
Hi All!

I am evaluating jconnect 5.0 or my company and have troubles by reading
any metadata from my Sybase database.
My source code is as follow:

Properties props=System.getProperties();
props.put("jdbc.drivers", "com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver");
System.setProperties(props);

Connection
connection=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:sybase:Tds:intra2:5000",
"sa", "ch123intra");
DatabaseMetaData meta=connection.getMetaData();

and i get the following exception;

java.sql.SQLException: JZ0SJ: 'metadata accessor" informations not found
in this database
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:413)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.MdaManager.loadMetaData(Compiled Code)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.MdaManager.<init>(MdaManager.java:135)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.MdaManager.<init>(MdaManager.java:120)
at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.checkMDA(SybConnection.java:1205)
at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.checkDBMD(SybConnection.java:1221)
at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.getMetaData(SybConnection.java:630)
at EJB.Test.main(Test.java:30)

Was is this for an "accessor" ?

I use JDK 1.2 with Sybase version 11 Server.

Could anybody help me.

Thanks in advance
Alexei

Lance Andersen

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99

Alexei,

You have stumbled on to the most asked question within the jConnect
newsgroups. In fact, I just answered the very same question in the
jConnect40 newsgroup :-)

The problem that you are encountering is one of:

- jConnect will query the backend to see what capabilities are available
during the initial login

- You are using a DatabaseMetadata, Connection which requries the
metadata information from the backend.

Whenever you install a version of jConnect, you need to install the
script:

ASE - sql_server.sql

ASA - sql_anywhere.sql

This script may be found in $JDBC_HOME/sp and may be installed using any
flavor of isql (dblib/ctlib, java IsqlApp, Jisql)

We will be changing the above message soon to make it a bit clearer as
to what is needed to be done.

Regards,
Lance
team sybase
Lance J. Andersen Email: lan...@sybase.com
Sybase Product Support Engineering Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street Fax: (781) 564-6148
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!! Let's Go Penguins!!!