Re: Internal Error: 30002

Prakash

May 19, 2009, 4:37:33 PM5/19/09
I am calling a stored proc with 30 parameters and update a record in a sybase
table. The proc running file when invoked from sql editor but fails when called
from AASEClient 12.5.1. Any suggestions?

On 8 Jun 2004 03:11:21 -0700,
in sybase.public.connectivity.adonet
<Carl Worden> wrote:
>We are getting a similar problem here trying to use the ASE
>ADO.NET Data Provider. In our case invoking a sproc with 64
>parameters causes 'Internal Error: 30002'.
>
>For your info we are using Data Provider ESD1 for 12.5.1 on
>the client connecting to a "ASE/12.0.0.6/P/EBF 10628 ESD
>1/Sun_svr4" dataserver.
>
>Has the cause of this problem been identified and a fix
>scheduled for a future EBF?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>CW
>
>> I have successfully executed your stored proc with 64
>> parameters. Couple of things I did notice:
>> 1) Set the value of the money param to a decimal value
>> Dim mymoney as New Decimal(1.20)
>> param.Value = mymoney
>> 2) Increase the length of the output param msg to 100 both
>> in SP and the Param
>>
>> Try it and if it still fails, try generating the trace.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ashish
>>
>> "Germano" <German...@Brown.edu> wrote in message
>> > It looks like I'm hitting some limit.
>> >
>> > Is there a limit on the number of parameters I can bind
>> > when calling a stored procedure?
>> >
>> > I put the code back to the way it was yeterday and it
>> > works fine. I now start adding one by one and it fails
>> > when I add parameter number 62, no matter which one.
>> >
>> > "Ashish Mahajan" <ashish...@nospam.com> wrote in
>> > message news:3fc3a145$1@forums-1-dub...
>> > get this error... Can
>> "Advanced" sample ? If
>> > changes, make it work again

>> > table, the SP and the
>> That's when it stopped

>> cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
>> all the parameters.

>> > into a specific table,
>> works fine, but when I

>> > specifying wheter or

Prakash

Paul Vero [Sybase]

Jun 18, 2009, 3:18:03 PM6/18/09
Is this for ADO.NET Provider?

-Paul

"Prakash" <mydear...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

KASH

Jul 10, 2009, 4:29:24 PM7/10/09
Yes, ASEClient 12.5

On Jun 18, 3:18 pm, "Paul Vero [Sybase]" <pv...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Is this for ADO.NET Provider?
>
> -Paul

> > Prakash- Hide quoted text -

Yes

Paul Vero [Sybase]

Jul 13, 2009, 1:10:40 PM7/13/09
Hi - what is the exact version - get fileversion
from Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll

There are a few known issues resolved with current release - so maybe
you're hitting one of these.

-Paul

"KASH" <prakash....@gmail.com> wrote in message