Problem after Upgrade to 12.5

Raju Gupta

May 30, 2003, 12:49:09 PM5/30/03

We recently upgraded to Server 12.5 and the PowerBuilder application now
generates the following errors upon saving the window (Updating the
datawindow).

Message: A problem occurred with the database which generated Error Code
11031 and Error Message Execution of default TableName_FL_PRM_1140199112
failed because of errors parsing the source text in syscomments during
upgrade. Please drop and recreate TableName_FL_PRM_1140199112.

And there is another problem while retrieving the data in the datawindow.

Message: A problem occurred with the database which generated Error Code
9558 and Error Message Select error: Character or binary data returned from
Adaptive Server has been truncated. The client application does not support
more than 255 bytes of data as a result column or output parameter.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Raju

olivier_citeau

May 30, 2003, 4:49:28 PM5/30/03
Everything is fine when connect with sql advantage ?

"Raju Gupta" <rajugu...@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message news:
O55hnvsJDHA.62@forums-1-dub...

Olivier

Jun 2, 2003, 8:27:52 AM6/2/03
What i meant Raju, is :
Does the same query works on the server when you run it with isql ?
Does it run well when you run it on your workstation with either isql, jisql or
SQLAdvantage ?

On Fri, 30 May 2003 22:49:28 +0200,
in sybase.public.ase.general

--
Olivier Citeau from Paris, France

Nirav

Jun 2, 2003, 6:26:40 PM6/2/03
Sybase upgrades always have problems with default. The table must have a
value bound to the column as default and not an actual default and hence
the problem. I will explain,

create table t1
( col1 datetime default getdate(),
)

instead of this you should rather use

create table t1
( col1 datetime default def_today,
)

where def_today is a default object in the database create as

CREATE DEFAULT dbo.def_today AS getdate()

currently you can unbind the column and rebind it again and it should be
fine, for further use always use defaults already defined in the database
instead of values to avoid upgrade problems.

problem 2 i dont know.

Raju Gupta

Jun 4, 2003, 9:12:51 AM6/4/03
Thanks Nirav. I'll try this and update here.

Yeah, the database user tables have some defaults set and that's where most
of the problems are occuring in . We have already tried dropping and
recreating all the defaults without much success.

Also, i notice the second error (Error Code 9558 ) does not occur when we
specify dbparm Release = '12.5'. We have tried this in development
environment and it seems to work. However, if anybody can give more
insights about this that will be great.

Thanks

<Nirav> wrote in message

Raju Gupta