problem change default sortorder

alan_mcguire

Apr 14, 2004, 11:48:28 PM4/14/04
I installed sybase on Windows XP, and trying to change the
default sortorder in isql and got this error, can someone
help me? I tried the serverconfig GUI, it allowed me to set
to nocase with cp850, but when I click save it seems doesn't
do anything.
Here is isql command and error msg. Thanks in advance.

1> sp_configure "default sortorder", 52, "cp850"
2> go
Msg 5824, Level 16, State 2:
Procedure 'sp_configure', Line 606:
Cannot reconfigure server to use sort order ID 52, because
the row for its
underlying character set (ID 2) does not exist in
syscharsets.
(return status = 1)

Bruno

Apr 15, 2004, 5:38:00 AM4/15/04
Alan McGuire wrote in message news:<407df7f7.68...@sybase.com>...

Hi Alan,

Sometimes you are suppose to install charset or sort order.

This is the way to install charset cp850 when not installed.

cd $SYBASE/charset
charset -Usa -Ppassword -Sserver_name charset.loc cp850

this is the way to install sort order cp850 when not installed
charset -Usa -Ppassword -Sserver_name binary.srt cp850

if you want to change sort order on the server.
Additionally you have to load charset definition files for all
the charsets used on your client platforms.

Check the "utility user guide" for more details about the "charset" utility

Cheers from belgium

Michael Peppler

Apr 15, 2004, 11:52:41 AM4/15/04

You should probably use sqlloc (or the equivalent under Win32) to
configure the sort order. The sqlloc binary is located in
$SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/bin under unix, not sure where it is on a Win32
system, though.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.