Facebook LogRepository

Elena Kakoulli

Jun 25, 2017, 1:28:38 PM6/25/17
to SWIMapReduce-general, Herodotos Herodotou
Where can we find the Facebook data (FB-2009_LogRepository) which use to create the .tsv files?  I searched for those but I did not find anything.. We need them to evaluate our project..

Thanks a lot.

Yanpei Chen

Jun 25, 2017, 1:58:51 PM6/25/17
to swimapredu...@googlegroups.com, Herodotos Herodotou
Hi Elena,

Thanks for your interest!

The Facebook raw data contained quite a bit of their proprietary information, and so we withheld them from public view. Specifically, what information do you need? Can you evaluate your project in other ways?

Also, that repository from 2009-2010 is now 7-8 years old. Facebook's internal workloads would have evolved quite a bit since then. I encourage you to reach out to your industry contacts at Facebook and work with them to bring additional workloads to the academia community. The framework we used for SWIM offer a good guide post there.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Yanpei.