bug in swat rev 510 readres.f

Dean, Kirk

Mar 30, 2012, 2:29:20 PM3/30/12
to swat...@googlegroups.com

I found a bug in SWAT rev510 in module readres.f . The mistake is also present in the theoretical documentation (compare equation 8:1.1.2 to equation 8:1.1.4, pg 516).

Line 286 of readres.f now reads:

          br1(i) = (res_esa(i)/res_evol(i)) ** br2(i)

In previous versions it read:

         br1(i) = res_esa(i)/res_evol(i) ** br2(i)

The addition of the parentheses changes the action of the exponent and result in miscalculation of the surface area/volume linear coefficient

Kirk Dean, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist
http://pweb.parsons.com/NR/rdonlyres/F5860208-E2BF-11D5-A8E4-000347083085/26084/emailsiglogogray.jpg
8000 Centre Park Dr, Suite 200 ♦ Austin, TX 78754
Phone – 512.719.6016
kirk...@parsons.com ♦ www.parsons.com

http://pweb.parsons.com/NR/rdonlyres/F5860208-E2BF-11D5-A8E4-000347083085/26085/201008sustainabilityleaf2.jpg

image001.jpg
image002.jpg

Sammons, Nancy

Mar 30, 2012, 4:15:57 PM3/30/12
to Dean, Kirk, swat...@googlegroups.com

Kirk – This was indeed incorrect in revision 510, but has been fixed in our latest development code (revision 521).

Thanks,

Nancy

giannis

Apr 1, 2012, 7:07:42 AM4/1/12
to SWAT-user
Could you please inform us when the latest development code (revision
521) will be avialable for download from the web-site?
Also, what other corrections are included in this version?

Thanks in advance

On 30 Μαρ, 21:29, "Dean, Kirk" <Kirk.D...@parsons.com> wrote:
> I found a bug in SWAT rev510 in module readres.f . The mistake is also present in the theoretical documentation (compare equation 8:1.1.2 to equation 8:1.1.4, pg 516).
>
> Line 286 of readres.f now reads:
>
>           br1(i) = (res_esa(i)/res_evol(i)) ** br2(i)
>
> In previous versions it read:
>
>          br1(i) = res_esa(i)/res_evol(i) ** br2(i)
>
> The addition of the parentheses changes the action of the exponent and result in miscalculation of the surface area/volume linear coefficient
>
> Kirk Dean, Ph.D.
> Principal Scientist
>
> 8000 Centre Park Dr, Suite 200 ♦ Austin, TX 78754
> Phone – 512.719.6016
> kirk.d...@parsons.comwww.parsons.com<http://www.parsons.com/>
>
>  image001.jpg
> 4KΕμφάνισηΜεταφόρτωση
>
>  image002.jpg
> 5KΕμφάνισηΜεταφόρτωση

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini

Apr 4, 2012, 3:03:48 AM4/4/12
to giannis, SWAT-user
2012/4/1 giannis <yiannispa...@gmail.com>:

> Could you please inform us when the latest development code (revision
> 521) will be avialable for download from the web-site?
> Also, what other corrections are included in this version?

I think it would be great if the SWAT team could provide a sort of log
file describing which are the changes implemented in each new version
of SWAT (e.g., WhatsNew, NEWS, etc), in order to be able to take an
informed decision about the pros and cons
of using one version or another.

By the way, the link to the source of swat 2009 is currently broken:
http://www.brc.tamus.edu/swat/downloads/pc/swat2009/rev510_code.zip

Kind regards,

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini

Water Resources Unit
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Joint Research Centre, European Commission
webinfo    : http://floods.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
DISCLAIMER:
"The views expressed are purely those of the writer
and may not in any circumstances be regarded as
stating an official position of the European Commission"
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469
"There is only one pretty child in the world,
and every mother has it."
(Chinese Proverb)
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?HowToAskQuestionsTheSmartWay