Generated server aspnetcore from swagger sample fails to load in Visual Studio 2017

Skip to the first unread message

Sourcerer

16 Mar 2018, 04:08:4416/03/2018
to Swagger
Hi,

I'm trying to generate a Net Core 2.0 Server, and I'm having problems to open the generated solution.

It happens with Visual Studio 2017, Community and Professional editions.

For reproduce:

I connect to swagger.io and go to online editor.

From online editor, sample API (PetStore), I select generate server, aspnetcore.

I get a zip file with a full Visual Studio project (.sln, .csproj, ...).

When I try to open this project in Visual Studio 2017 (15.6.1) Profesional, it reports "Cannot complete the operation. Error not specified".

If I try to open the same project in Visual Studio for Mac, it opens and run fine.

If I check the logs in "%localdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_xxxxxxxx\ComponentModelCache\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Default.err" I see a lot of errors like

Microsoft.VisualStudio.UniversalLibrary.Retargeting.MinimumVisualStudioVersionInSdkInstalledPrereqHandler.ctor(properties): se esperaba exactamente 1 exportación de Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectFlavoring.IProjectProperties, pero se encontraron 0.
   part definition Microsoft.VisualStudio.UniversalLibrary.Retargeting.MinimumVisualStudioVersionInSdkInstalledPrereqHandler

Microsoft.VisualStudio.UniversalLibrary.Retargeting.MinimumVisualStudioVersionInSdkInstalledPrereqHandler.ctor(shell): se esperaba exactamente 1 exportación de Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsShell, pero se encontraron 0.
   part definition Microsoft.VisualStudio.UniversalLibrary.Retargeting.MinimumVisualStudioVersionInSdkInstalledPrereqHandler

Microsoft.VisualStudio.UniversalLibrary.UniversalLibraryProjectFeatures.ctor(context): se esperaba exactamente 1 exportación de Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectFlavoring.DesignTime.IDesignTimeReflectionContext, pero se encontraron 0.
   part definition Microsoft.VisualStudio.UniversalLibrary.UniversalLibraryProjectFeatures

Microsoft.VisualStudio.UniversalLibrary.Configuration.UniversalPropertyPagesProvider.ctor(project): se esperaba exactamente 1 exportación de Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectFlavoring.IProjectSystem, pero se encontraron 0.
   part definition Microsoft.VisualStudio.UniversalLibrary.Configuration.UniversalPropertyPagesProvider