Doubt about Swagger Document

ravi kanasagra

May 19, 2015, 7:27:36 AM5/19/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
I was learning Swagger and was going through documentation at link https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-spec/wiki

It has paragraph,

Swagger is a specification and complete framework implementation for describing, producing, consuming, and visualizing RESTful web services. The overarching goal of Swagger is to enable client and documentation systems to update at the same pace as the server.

The documentation of methods, parameters and models can be tightly integrated into the server code, allowing APIs to always stay in sync.

I have highlighted part of paragraph which I was was not able to understand. What does documentation mean when we use Swagger for Asp.net WebApi project?

Ken Faulkner

May 28, 2015, 6:23:47 PM5/28/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
I'm using Swagger (well Swashbuckle technically) for WebAPI projects.

To me, your highlighted text means that as you modify your WebAPI methods, the documentation is automatically updated (which it is). You can also use Autorest to generate client libs from the Swagger.json file so it too is also up to date with what's available from the REST end points.

Ken