Generate API Documents

Michael Hoffman

Feb 15, 2018, 4:11:29 PM2/15/18
to Swagger
Hello,

I am new to Swagger and also Gradle.  I was wondering how I might generate a YAML file from a simple Java class using Gradle.  I have tried several of the plugins for Gradle and have not been successful.  Ultimately the simple Java class will be replaced by services that are written in Java Liferay.

Thanks in advance!
Michael

Keshav Vasudevan

Feb 28, 2018, 11:23:36 AM2/28/18
to Swagger
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the question. You can check out Swagger Inspector, a free online tool that can generate OpenAPI/Swagger YAML files from existing APIs. You can point Inspector to the URL where the resource and class exists, and have Inspector generate the definition. You can find the tool at inspector.swagger.io

Check out a quick tutorial here and see if this aligns with your usercase - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC-pLfxbjy0