subTypes

Ben Gill

Sep 2, 2016, 2:29:23 PM9/2/16
to Swagger
Hi,

I want my Swagger API to show subtypes so I can use Swagger code gen to generate those subtypes.  However, I see this is not supported / implemented.

Is there a work around for this, or should I just not being using subtypes in a RESTful web service?

Thanks

Sebastian Stehle

Sep 7, 2016, 2:48:47 PM9/7/16
to Swagger
I have the same question. It is very unclear how the current status is, especially about swagger-ui.

Ron Ratovsky

Sep 20, 2016, 7:21:56 PM9/20/16
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

So two different projects, two different statuses.

For swagger-codegen, I believe there should be support for sub-types, at least for some of the languages.

If you find that’s not the case, please open a ticket on the project.

For swagger-ui it’s a bit more complicated. It’s indeed not directly supported right now, for input.

We’re not actively working on resolving it at the moment as our focus is on something else for the project right now.

That said, once we’re done with that (no ETA), it should hopefully be easier to support.

Regardless, it would be challenging to present this UI-wise.