Basic authentication in an existing java web application using swagger

Kevin Thanki

Oct 19, 2016, 11:56:57 AM10/19/16
to Swagger
I want to perform authentication using basic authentication provided by swagger. I have my web application ready now I would I start implementing swagger for this task.. ? I am totally new to swagger So basic explanation is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ron Ratovsky

Oct 19, 2016, 12:03:12 PM10/19/16
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

Swagger just describes your API, it doesn’t implement it. What exactly are you trying to do?

Kevin Thanki

Oct 20, 2016, 12:43:22 AM10/20/16
to Swagger
I am planning to implement basic authentication functionality of OAuth2 in my existing web application. How do I start ?

Ron Ratovsky

Oct 20, 2016, 8:53:07 AM10/20/16
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

Basic Authentication and OAuth2 are completely independent of each other, so I don’t know how to help.