Upgrade from Swagger UI 2.x to 3.x

AC

Sep 14, 2017, 7:28:20 PM9/14/17
to Swagger
Hi team,

We're planning to upgrade API Swagger UI change from 2.x to 3.x.

In the process, I have a couple of qns, appreciate your guidance:
- what do we need to check from an engn standpoint to check if there are any issues with the upgrade ?
- are there breaking changes from 2.x to 3.x from swagger side ?
- what the typical upgrade problems are ?
- what are the differences between the two versions ?

Thank you!
Amanda

Ron Ratovsky

Sep 15, 2017, 5:39:09 AM9/15/17
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

You basically need to run the UI locally and try to load the different API definitions to see if they work as expected.

3.x is a complete rewrite of 2.x and as such is a complete breaking change.

The upgrade process would really depend on what you’re doing today with swagger-ui and whether you’ve made any customizations to it.