Parts of JSON not being rendered

csmccoy

May 21, 2015, 5:06:50 PM5/21/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
I have a web api that I am documenting w/ Swagger.  I have configured a both the API project and the models project to output XML files.  Both files are included in the json object but only the routes are showing in the documentation.  Is this expected behavior?  Is there a config option I missed that is preventing the models from showing in the UI?

Thanks for the assistance,

Chris

Ron Ratovsky

May 22, 2015, 12:07:36 AM5/22/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I'd need a bit more information here. Can you share your Swagger definition? Which version of swagger-ui do you use?

http://swagger.io
https://twitter.com/SwaggerApi

csmccoy

May 22, 2015, 9:18:44 AM5/22/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Ron,

GlobalConfiguration.Configuration
                .EnableSwagger(c =>
                    {
                        c.SingleApiVersion("v1", "APINameBlah");

                        c.IgnoreObsoleteActions();
                        c.IgnoreObsoleteProperties();
                        c.IncludeXmlComments(GetRouteXmlCommentsPath());
                        c.IncludeXmlComments(GetModelXmlCommentsPath());
                    })
.EnableSwaggerUi(c =>
                    {
                       c.CustomAsset("index", thisAssembly, "Project.Views.index.html");
                    });

Everything from the models XML is present in JSON (I did hit the route manually and viewed the payload).  It just isn't showing the UI.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:06 PM, csmccoy <christop...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a web api that I am documenting w/ Swagger.  I have configured a both the API project and the models project to output XML files.  Both files are included in the json object but only the routes are showing in the documentation.  Is this expected behavior?  Is there a config option I missed that is preventing the models from showing in the UI?

Thanks for the assistance,

Chris

csmccoy

May 22, 2015, 9:23:54 AM5/22/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Totally forgot to add I'm using latest version.

Ron Ratovsky

May 23, 2015, 10:07:48 AM5/23/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
I assume you're using Swashbuckle or another .net integration.
Personally, I'm not familiar with those integrations.

In order to try and guide you through, I need to see the actual Swagger definition generated from your code (that is, either the JSON or the YAML file generated by Swashbuckle and the like) and the actual version of Swagger UI you're using. As far as I know, Swashbuckle bundles swagger-ui in it, but we keep releasing newer versions of the ui which may include more bug fixes. So I need to know which swagger-ui version you use as well (latest version is relative in time ;)).

csmccoy

May 26, 2015, 11:46:20 AM5/26/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
I am using a swashbuckle integration.

@version v2.1.2-M2 is the swagger version listed in the js file.

Would it be possible to email you the generated json as opposed to posting it here?  I really don't want to post it publicly.

Chris
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to swagger-swaggersocket+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Ron Ratovsky

May 26, 2015, 12:10:29 PM5/26/15