Dependencies for Java generated code

Ian Fallon

Mar 23, 2017, 12:06:12 PM3/23/17
to Swagger
Hi,

Could someone point me in the direction of all the dependencies the generated Java code depends on ? I can't find this documented.
We don't have Maven and manage our Java libraries "manually".
I've got JAX-RS / Jersey but that doesn't appear to be enough.

Ian

Tony Tam

Mar 23, 2017, 12:15:34 PM3/23/17
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Look in the Pom file. You're wise to run mvn dependency:tree to get the full list, even if you don't "use" maven.

Ian Fallon

Mar 23, 2017, 12:36:38 PM3/23/17
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply - I've starting looking in there.

Not sure where to get mvn from (Windows) - I guess I have to have Maven installed to get that.

I'm not that good at this stuff - I can't even figure out how to download a Jackson release on Git Hub - gah! I just want the JARs !

Regards,

Ian

Mar 23, 2017, 12:47:30 PM3/23/17
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
OK well, getting maven is easy

I suggest you just install that per instructions and life will be a lot easier.  It downloads the dependencies for you.

Ian Fallon

Mar 24, 2017, 10:34:29 AM3/24/17
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks - I'd really just like the JARs and not have fiddle around setting up another build system and building source just to use a library.
I can't for the life of me find Jackson JARs to download anywhere, just source code.

Whatever happened to shipping a ready to use library as a JAR (+ dependencies) ready to use ?

Ian