no dist directory install anymore?

Feorlen

Mar 22, 2017, 1:19:41 PM3/22/17
to Swagger
I don't see anything about installing by copying the dist directory in the current readme. I tried replacing my 2.2.10 dist dir with the current version and it doesn't work. Is this no longer possible? There isn't anything mentioned in the FAQ.

Ron Ratovsky

Mar 22, 2017, 1:36:19 PM3/22/17
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

Check the README of the project. The index.html that needs to be executed is the one under the /public directory and not the one under /dist.

Feorlen

Mar 22, 2017, 1:54:41 PM3/22/17
to Swagger
I'm not sure which readme you mean, something other than the one in the repo? Also, the docs at swagger.io/docs still say copy the dist dir. I'm trying to figure out if I can run Swagger UI by copying some files to my server, or if I have to do it differently now.

Thanks!

Ron Ratovsky

Mar 22, 2017, 2:00:02 PM3/22/17
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

That’s a good point, we need to update the documentation in swagger.io – apologies for the confusion.

I meant the README in the repo.

You’d have to slightly modify the index.html file if you want to host it all in one location, changing the relative links to the javascript packages.

Thanks!

Feorlen

Mar 22, 2017, 2:18:22 PM3/22/17
to Swagger

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 11:00:02 AM UTC-7, Ron wrote:

That’s a good point, we need to update the documentation in swagger.io – apologies for the confusion.

I meant the README in the repo.

You’d have to slightly modify the index.html file if you want to host it all in one location, changing the relative links to the javascript packages.

The readme in the repo doesn't mention copying the dist directory, but says to use Docker. I've already got a webapp that can serve content if I put it in the right location, so I was just using the dist directory.