Issues with the PetStore demo.

Tom Christie

Sep 23, 2016, 9:19:58 AM9/23/16
to Swagger
Hi there,

I'm using the PetStore demo to help validate a Swagger command-line client I've been working on.
Everything in 'pet' and 'store' is working fine, but I'm having problems with some of the 'users' endpoints, and it's unclear if this is due to the server implemention, or if it's something I'm missing from the spec.

For example, I'm unable to formulate a valid POST /user request that results in anything other than a 500 response, either from my own client, or from Swagger UI. Attempting to authenticate with "api_key:special-key" doesn't appear to have any effect, nor does going through the oauth flow in Swagger UI. Is anyone able to confirm that this endpoint works, and if so are you able to demonstrate how to make a successful request to it using eg `curl`?

The GET /user/login/ endpoint appears to be broken. It returns a response with the application/json content type, but malformed content, eg...

> GET /v2/user/login?password=tom&username=tom HTTP/1.1

> Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

> Connection: keep-alive

> Accept: application/coreapi+json, */*

> Host: petstore.swagger.io

< 200 OK

< Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Content-Type, api_key, Authorization

< Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, POST, DELETE, PUT

< Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

< Connection: close

< Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 11:43:47 GMT

< Server: Jetty(9.2.9.v20150224)

< logged in user session:1474631027450

It's also unclear to me if I should be able to use this session identifier in future requests, and if so, how?

Being able to say for sure if these are server-side issues, or if I'm missing something in the spec and formulating my requests incorrectly would go a long way towards helping validate that the command line client really is working as expected (or not)

Many thanks for your time,

  Tom

Ron Ratovsky

Sep 23, 2016, 1:26:08 PM9/23/16
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

Since it’s a public demo, people play around with the pet store and… it’s not always too stable.

I’ve restarted the app, and it seems to be working well now.

Until next time!

Tom Christie

Sep 23, 2016, 3:03:06 PM9/23/16
to Swagger
Thanks Ron, can confirm that's looking good now. Much appreciated.

Effat El Khashab

Oct 27, 2018, 7:59:03 AM10/27/18
to Swagger
Hi,
I am having the http 500 responses now with the "User" services.

I have been working with https://petstore.swagger.io/#/, but yesterday and today I am getting an http 500 with the following error message when I execute the “User” operations:

  <apiResponse>

    <message>something bad happened</message>

    <type>unknown</type>

  </apiResponse>

Is there a problem with the service?

Your support is highly appreciated.