Swagger 2.0: basePath in 1.2

mission liao

Oct 23, 2014, 1:54:11 AM10/23/14
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

   In swagger 1.2, an API Declaration can have different basePath from Resource List Object to allow serving requests on different servers for difference resourcesIt seems this extensibility is no longer existing on swagger 2.0. Am I right?

Mission

Ron

Oct 23, 2014, 2:44:24 AM10/23/14
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
That is correct.
However, we're going to publish a way to collate several microservices into one which would allow you to do that.

mission liao

Peter Parker

Dec 5, 2014, 3:48:58 PM12/5/14
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Ron,
Could you explain how this will work more? When would it be incorporated?

Using 1.2x I was able to create a "Catalog" of services with different base paths all on the same server but at different base paths. I can see in v2 if I move the base path down to the Paths it might would but would be ugly in the display.

Thanks,
Peter

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:44:24 PM UTC-8, Ron R wrote:
That is correct.
However, we're going to publish a way to collate several microservices into one which would allow you to do that.
On 23 October 2014 08:54, mission liao <mission...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

   In swagger 1.2, an API Declaration can have different basePath from Resource List Object to allow serving requests on different servers for difference resourcesIt seems this extensibility is no longer existing on swagger 2.0. Am I right?

Mission

Ron

Dec 5, 2014, 3:51:16 PM12/5/14
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
You can't move the basepath to the paths, as that's not supported by the spec.

I don't have the full details yet about the microservices, but I'll update in the group once it's ready, just follow the posts. You can also follow us on twitter (@SwaggerAPI) where the announcement will also be made.

Peter Parker

Ron

Dec 5, 2014, 5:05:44 PM12/5/14
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
yeah, micro services will support different base paths.

Peter Parker

Jan 6, 2015, 5:41:49 PM1/6/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Any new updates to this?  Thanks

Ron

Jan 7, 2015, 3:30:59 AM1/7/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Not quite yet.

Peter Parker

Feb 25, 2015, 5:42:19 PM2/25/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Any updates yet?

Ron Ratovsky

Feb 26, 2015, 12:43:44 PM2/26/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, not yet.

http://swagger.io
https://twitter.com/SwaggerApi

Carlisia Campos

Mar 19, 2015, 9:06:08 AM3/19/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

Are we there yet? :)

Could it be conceivable that this will happen within the next two months?

Thanks.
Unfortunately, not yet.

Ron Ratovsky

Mar 27, 2015, 12:21:38 AM3/27/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Not there yet, but yes, it may happen in the next two months. We simplified our plans here, so it's possible.

Rajeev Verma

Apr 3, 2015, 3:06:19 AM4/3/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

Will it also support different host along with the basepath. We have few microservices that are hosted on different server.

Thanks,
Unfortunately, not yet.

Ron Ratovsky

Apr 3, 2015, 4:05:43 AM4/3/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
That's the intent, yes.

Andrey Belyaevskiy

May 20, 2015, 8:26:30 AM5/20/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ron,

I'm Sorry, but...

Did you publish how-to about collation some api-docs for different services under single ui point? If no, do you have any estimations when you will be able provide it?

Ron Ratovsky

May 20, 2015, 8:37:29 AM5/20/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
We didn't, and I with the delays, I'd rather not give out an estimate until I know something clear. We are working on the solution, it's in a very alpha stage, but I cannot say when it will be published. My apologies.

Andrey Belyaevskiy

May 20, 2015, 8:55:56 AM5/20/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Great Thanks for such quick response! I will it in my mind during development. Could you please point me to the issue on your Github?

Ron Ratovsky

May 20, 2015, 8:58:16 AM5/20/15
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
There is no issue because it is currently out of scope for any specific project.
There will be a relevant announcement both here in the mailing list and in our Twitter account, so make sure to follow those.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 6:55 AM, Andrey Belyaevskiy <ma...@andrey-belyaevskiy.ru> wrote:
Great Thanks for such quick response! I will it in my mind during development. Could you please point me to the issue on your Github?

Robbie Coleman

Jun 26, 2018, 4:46:19 PM6/26/18
to Swagger
Safe to assume this was forgotten about..?

Now that OpenAPI Spec 3 is out, I'm hoping this can be done in some way. It would be nice to know how though... Anyone?