Intended usage of Swagger-Codegen with OAuth

Ian Seyer

Jul 20, 2016, 7:11:37 PM7/20/16
to Swagger
Hi all.

I have reverse- engineered a spec for an API currently in production, with the goal of generating client-side SDKs.

I have completed the spec, and all generated code seems solid, but I cannot find any information (or generated code!) relating to OAuth. I see no documentation on how one is supposed to configure or utilize security definitions related to OAuth from within, say, a ruby SDK.

Our current security flow is based on client_id and client_secret, but I see no place to set these, or where to specify that they are supposed to exist...

The spec is visible here: github.com/ianseyer/knurld-swagger-spec

Thank you in advance.

Ian Seyer

Jul 21, 2016, 10:29:57 AM7/21/16
to Swagger
Update:

I have found that the flow I need to use is the "application" flow based on this post: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/swagger-swaggersocket/oauth$20client_id/swagger-swaggersocket/WdMcNhTET_s/z2l_30irOgEJ

However, I still find that my generated clients have no mention of this, despite it being indicated here that codegen supports oauth: https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-codegen/issues/347