How can you tell which version of the codegen submodule is used by editor.swagger.io?

Axel Roest

May 18, 2018, 10:54:56 AM5/18/18
to Swagger
I am generating a client swift library from a json spec, but the resulting code is not compiling.

Now, according to this issue: https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-codegen/issues/7041 , the problem is already fixed in 'SNAPSHOT' last year (2017-11), but how do I know which version of the codegen language module is installed or used by http://editor.swagger.io/ ?

The *previous* version http://editor2.swagger.io/ had a helpful Help menu with at least the version of the editor. But neither version of the editor shows the versions of the codegenerators used.

Would it not be SUPER HELPFUL if the version of the code generator was included in the generated code? Like in the file header or so?

I have now installed a whole docker system to generate the code locally, and still the same error occurs, so I have to dive into the alien java environment to figure out which codegenerator is used by Maven.

I just want to use the swift4 generator!

I hope someone can shine a light on the issue?

Axel