New swagger developer, best Java Server framework to use?

pa...@elementalsoftware.co

Feb 15, 2018, 7:53:48 AM2/15/18
to Swagger
Hi everyone,

I've just found Swagger and it looks great, could be just the thing I need for our API. We have an existing application which I need to create an API for. The only restriction I have is that I must use java because that is what the service to access our data will be written in. Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions about what the best server side java I should be using.

I've generated jaxrs and spring boot/mvc code. My findings so far

- Jaxrs works as promised, but it doesn't seem to do anything with the security config I describe. Do I have to implement this myself, or is there some config settings I can update.
- Spring boot. Looks good, but doesn't run out of the box. I had to make fixes to the generated code and its missing some bean configuration. I could fix this, but I really am looking for the easiest, lowest maintenance solution.
- Spring MVC. Runs, but I can't access my api end points. Still trying to figure out whats going wrong here.

Thanks for your time,

Paul.

Ron Ratovsky

Feb 15, 2018, 1:49:46 PM2/15/18
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

If you’re writing a server from scratch, I’d recommend taking a look at https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-inflector. Go through the tutorial, it’s very simple, and you’ll see the simplicity yet power of the tool.