Including an $ref in infoObject.description

andrew....@shopify.com

Oct 19, 2016, 9:48:21 PM10/19/16
to Swagger
Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to use $ref to a definition inside info Object.description.

I need to include some descriptive information at the beginning of the spec file that defines the parameters of the defined object.  Rather than manually create a table using GFM markdown I would like to simply include the defined object using $ref.

Regards,

Andrew

Ron Ratovsky

Oct 20, 2016, 8:54:47 AM10/20/16
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

At the moment, description does not support $ref.

Andrew Johnston

Oct 20, 2016, 10:16:04 AM10/20/16
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply Ron - really appreciated!

Do you think it would be possible to use a patterned field, as part of info Object to define an object that references a definition.

I tried adding the x- field under info Object and referencing the defined Object but the object does not output to the UI.

Regards,

Andrew

Ron Ratovsky

Oct 20, 2016, 12:25:10 PM10/20/16
to swagger-sw...@googlegroups.com

The UI doesn’t display extensions. You can add them anywhere, and even technically reference extensions (where references are allowed), but I think we currently don’t support it (meaning, it’s supported in the spec, not in the tool).