api versioning?

Yin-So Chen

Aug 28, 2015, 2:27:37 PM8/28/15
to Swagger
Hi all,

does swagger support api versioning?

Based on the 2.0 spec, it looks like swagger requires a single API version number in the info field and that applies to the whole api spec. Does that mean I need to have multiple swagger specs if I want to have them as different versions?

If so - does swagger-ui and swagger runner (I am using node/express) support loading multiple swagger specs?

Thanks.

Ron Ratovsky

Aug 28, 2015, 2:33:44 PM8/28/15
to Swagger
Yes, you would have to keep multiple swagger definitions.
Yes, you can load multiple swagger definitions in Swagger-UI.
I don't know the answer about swagger runner.

http://swagger.io
https://twitter.com/SwaggerApi

Yin-So Chen

Aug 28, 2015, 4:21:29 PM8/28/15
to Swagger
Thanks Ron.

How about swagger editor? Can it load/edit multiple swagger definitions?

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Yin-So Chen wrote:
Hi all,

does swagger support api versioning?

Based on the 2.0 spec, it looks like swagger requires a single API version number in the info field and that applies to the whole api spec. Does that mean I need to have multiple swagger specs if I want to have them as different versions?

If so - does swagger-ui and swagger runner (I am using node/express) support loading multiple swagger specs?

Thanks.

Ron Ratovsky

Yin-So Chen

Aug 28, 2015, 4:49:02 PM8/28/15
to Swagger
I see, thanks.

Looks like I am using swagger-node instead of swagger-editor directly, which differs from swagger-editor in that
  • it doesn't have an File menu
  • it can import a file via drag/drop, but changes will overwrite the default swagger.yaml instead of the imported file
  • it expects swagger.yaml to be defined - I tried without it and it doesn't start
Is there a way to start swagger-node with a different file? I tried swagger project start <swagger_file_path> and it still loads the default swagger.yaml.

On Friday, August 28, 2015 at 1:21:59 PM UTC-7, Ron wrote:
[...]

Yin-So Chen

Aug 28, 2015, 4:58:22 PM8/28/15
to Swagger
I meant swagger project edit <swagger_file_path> below.