Problem on typing messages

hufe...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2015, 12:44:51 PM8/27/15
to svnX
when you use special characters (eg with accents), the delete key stops working (v2.0b1)

chris

Aug 27, 2015, 2:11:51 PM8/27/15
to svnX, hufe...@gmail.com
Hello Hufersil,

On Thursday, 27 August 2015 17:44:51 UTC+1, hufe...@gmail.com wrote:
when you use special characters (eg with accents), the delete key stops working (v2.0b1)

Please be more specific.
Under what circumstances?  When typing text in a field?  Which window?  Which field?  Which OS version?  Which characters?
What does exactly does ‘the delete key stops working’ mean?  Is your keyboard broken?

CHRIS

Hugo Ferreira da Silva

Aug 27, 2015, 2:20:49 PM8/27/15
to chris, svnX
  1. chars with accents (á,ã, õ)
  2. Text Area ...
  3. ... on Review and Commit window
  4. Message field
  5. OS X Yosemitse 10.10.5 (14F27)
  6. á, ã, õ
  7. After I type any char with accent, when I try to delete them, it not work
  8. No, my keyboard is not broken :-) just my english sucks :-)

Zend Certified Engineer Hugo F. Silva

+55 11 99724.0434

http://www.hufersil.com.br

Lumine - Database Mapping

ZCE - Zend Certified Engineer

Stay in touch: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter
Captura de Tela 2015-08-27 às 15.13.37.png
Captura de Tela 2015-08-27 às 15.14.04.png

chris

Aug 27, 2015, 2:53:45 PM8/27/15
to svnX, chri...@gmail.com, hufe...@gmail.com
Hugo,

On Thursday, 27 August 2015 19:20:49 UTC+1, Hugo Ferreira da Silva wrote:
  1. chars with accents (á,ã, õ)
  2. Text Area ...
  3. ... on Review and Commit window
  4. Message field
  5. OS X Yosemitse 10.10.5 (14F27)
  6. á, ã, õ
  7. After I type any char with accent, when I try to delete them, it not work
  8. No, my keyboard is not broken :-) just my english sucks :-)

Thanks, this is much more useful info.

I’m not seeing this problem at all.  That field is bog standard so this should not happen.
I’m not running OSX 10.10.5 at the moment - I will try it a bit later.

Do you type the character by holding down the key and then selecting from the pop-up?
Can you delete no characters or just accented characters?  What if you move the insertion point?  Forward delete?
Are you seeing this in any other app?
If you right click the text field do all the menu settings look normal?
Do you have any unusual ‘Text Replacement’ Substitutions?
What keyboard do you have set as the input source?  (System Preferences > Language & Text > Input Sources)
Have you tried turning your computer off and then on again?  ;-)

Your English is fine.

CHRIS

Hugo Ferreira da Silva

Aug 27, 2015, 3:14:38 PM8/27/15
to chris, svnX
  1. no. I first type the accent and then the char (first ~ then a)
  2. I can't delete any chars after I input the first char with accent
  3. I tried to move / select what I want to delete, with no success (it selects the text, but don't delete). And I've noticed that the arrows has the same problem that delete key (after I type any char with accent).
  4. also happens with forward delete
  5. if I right click with some text selected (selected with mouse), it doesnt allow me to cut or copy (print attached). but if there is no char with accent, it looks normal. Even if there is no text suggestion but there is one char with accent, the context menu looks the same (no cut or copy action available).
  6. I'm using svnx 1.3.4 and works just fine
  7. No, no text replacements
  8. Keyboard Layout -> US International. Keyboard model (http://www.apple.com/br/shop/product/MC184BZ/B/teclado-sem-fio-da-apple-us?fnode=56)
  9. yep. No success after rebooting :-(

Zend Certified Engineer Hugo F. Silva

+55 11 99724.0434

http://www.hufersil.com.br

Lumine - Database Mapping

ZCE - Zend Certified Engineer

Stay in touch: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter

Captura de Tela 2015-08-27 às 16.09.15.png

chris

Aug 27, 2015, 4:06:41 PM8/27/15
to svnX, chri...@gmail.com, hufe...@gmail.com
The mystery deepens…

On Thursday, 27 August 2015 20:14:38 UTC+1, Hugo Ferreira da Silva wrote:
  1. no. I first type the accent and then the char (first ~ then a)
Can you try typing them the other way?  If you paste the characters from the clipboard does it work?
  1. I can't delete any chars after I input the first char with accent
  2. I tried to move / select what I want to delete, with no success (it selects the text, but don't delete). And I've noticed that the arrows has the same problem that delete key (after I type any char with accent).
  3. also happens with forward delete
  4. if I right click with some text selected (selected with mouse), it doesnt allow me to cut or copy (print attached). but if there is no char with accent, it looks normal. Even if there is no text suggestion but there is one char with accent, the context menu looks the same (no cut or copy action available).
Do characters like € £ • § ± behave the same?  Or only accented characters?
  1. I'm using svnx 1.3.4 and works just fine
  2. No, no text replacements
  3. Keyboard Layout -> US International. Keyboard model (http://www.apple.com/br/shop/product/MC184BZ/B/teclado-sem-fio-da-apple-us?fnode=56)
Actually I meant the ‘virtual’ keyboard.  The one you select with cmd+space.
  1. yep. No success after rebooting :-(
Shame.  It worked for these guys: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8> :-).

CHRIS

Hugo Ferreira da Silva

Aug 27, 2015, 4:17:11 PM8/27/15
to chris, svnX
hehehe
  1. yes. when I paste from clipboard it works
  2. tried with Ωåœ∑߃©˙∆˚¬˚ø¬π and worked. BUT ´ ¨ ~ ^ doesnt (even whitout letters)

Zend Certified Engineer Hugo F. Silva

+55 11 99724.0434

http://www.hufersil.com.br

Lumine - Database Mapping

ZCE - Zend Certified Engineer

Stay in touch: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter

chris

Aug 31, 2015, 10:13:48 PM8/31/15
to svnX, chri...@gmail.com, hufe...@gmail.com
Hugo,

I was able to reproduce your problem in OSX 10.10.  I’ve fixed it now & it will be in b2.

The workaround, for now, is – don’t do it ;-).  Use the new method instead:
    Hold down letter until pop-up appears, then type number of required glyph.

The problem was that OSX sends a notification that the text style has changed (don’t know why, it hasn’t),
svnX tries to sync the text style with the message template text field,
but in OSX 10.10 Apple (in their infinite wisdom) have built a different view hierarchy for MY window compared with previous OSes.
SvnX then tries to set the font of the wrong view, Objective-C throws an exception, Cocoa ignores it & leaves text editing in a bad state.

If I’d had any inkling that such a thing could produce such peculiar behaviour then I would have asked you to check your console log as the exception appears there (in all its glory).  [Also my debug build asserts & exits before the exception.]

Anyway,

It’s fixed.  Thanks for your input.

CHRIS

Hugo Ferreira da Silva

Sep 1, 2015, 8:39:38 AM9/1/15
to chris, svnX
Glad to help!

Next time, promise the very first thing I'll try is turn it off and on again :D

Best regards