Cannot get contents of file

cymeria

Jan 21, 2011, 11:14:29 AM1/21/11
to sventon support
Hello, i am a newbee with sventon , i just install it today, i try to
configure it, it seems working, i can see the content of the
directory, the svn log, the svn lock, but i am not able to access to
any file (to display it if it's a plain file or to download it when
it's a binary file)

I am sure i do something wrong but what.

sventon project

Jan 21, 2011, 5:53:29 PM1/21/11
to sventon...@googlegroups.com
2011/1/21 cymeria <cym...@gmail.com>:

Hi!

Are you using the HTTP protocol? If so, please try to access the exact
same URL using a ordinary web browser.
Is the repository configured to use path based authorization?

Regards
Jesper

cymeria

Jan 24, 2011, 3:54:24 AM1/24/11
to sventon support
I'm not sure to really get you. I have try my version of sventon via
(chrome, firefox and IE), what do you means by an "ordinary web
browser".
So by using this software, i 'm using the HTTP protocol . right?

Concerning your last question: Is the repository configured to use
path based authorization? How should i see that?

Thanks again.
On 21 jan, 23:53, sventon project <sventonproj...@gmail.com> wrote:

sventon project

Jan 25, 2011, 3:31:01 AM1/25/11
2011/1/24 cymeria <cym...@gmail.com>:

> I'm not sure to really get you. I have try my version of sventon via
> (chrome, firefox and IE), what do you means by an "ordinary web
> browser".
> So by using this software, i 'm using the HTTP protocol . right?

Hi!

When you initially configured sventon you entered a Subversion
repository URL, eg. svn://myserver/repos or http://myserver/repos. Can
you access that URL using another Subversion client (like the standard
svn command line client or TortoiseSVN etc)? If the URL starts with
HTTP you should be able to access it (and show file contents) using
eg. Firefox without going via a web application like sventon.

Regarding the repository access - it's possible to configure
subversion to restrict access to paths.
Are you sure you have got access to the paths/files you are trying to display?

Also, please check this out: http://wiki.sventon.org/index.php?n=Main.Security

Regards
Jesper

testing

Jan 26, 2011, 12:17:24 PM1/26/11
to sventon support
I'm having the same problem. Another install with 2.1.6 works fine,
this one is 2.5.0.

I get this on startup, and another error (below) when trying to browse
the file contents. Tortoise and command line both work fine.

2011-01-25 13:56:28,535 WARN
[org.sventon.repository.RepositoryChangeMonitorImpl] - <Exception:
Unable to get logs>
2011-01-25 13:56:28,550 DEBUG
[org.sventon.repository.RepositoryChangeMonitorImpl] - <Exception
[org.sventon.SventonException: Unable to get logs]>
org.sventon.SventonException: Unable to get logs
at
org.sventon.service.svnkit.SVNKitRepositoryService.translateException(SVNKitRepositoryService.java:
415)
at
org.sventon.service.svnkit.SVNKitRepositoryService.getLogEntriesFromRepositoryRoot(SVNKitRepositoryService.java:
70)
at
org.sventon.repository.RepositoryChangeMonitorImpl.update(RepositoryChangeMonitorImpl.java:
176)
at
org.sventon.repository.RepositoryChangeMonitorImpl.update(RepositoryChangeMonitorImpl.java:
119)
at
org.sventon.repository.RepositoryChangeMonitorImpl.updateAll(RepositoryChangeMonitorImpl.java:
137)
at org.springframework.util.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:
273)
at
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean
$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:
264)
at
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:
86)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool
$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: File not found:
revision 1, path '/SVNREPO'
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:
64)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:
51)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNReader.handleFailureStatus(SVNReader.java:
269)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNReader.parse(SVNReader.java:
248)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNConnection.read(SVNConnection.java:
260)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.read(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:
1280)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.logImpl(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:
835)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepository.log(SVNRepository.java:
1034)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepository.log(SVNRepository.java:
939)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepository.log(SVNRepository.java:
863)
at
org.sventon.service.svnkit.SVNKitRepositoryService.getLogEntriesFromRepositoryRoot(SVNKitRepositoryService.java:
64)
... 12 more

2011-01-25 13:57:43,307 ERROR
[org.sventon.web.ctrl.template.ShowFileController] - <Exception>
org.sventon.SventonException: Cannot get contents of file [/tests/
test1.txt@1]
at
org.sventon.service.svnkit.SVNKitRepositoryService.translateException(SVNKitRepositoryService.java:
415)
at
org.sventon.service.svnkit.SVNKitRepositoryService.getFileContents(SVNKitRepositoryService.java:
137)
at
org.sventon.web.ctrl.template.ShowFileController.svnHandle(ShowFileController.java:
150)
at
org.sventon.web.ctrl.template.AbstractTemplateController.handle(AbstractTemplateController.java:
178)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractCommandController.handleRequestInternal(AbstractCommandController.java:
87)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:
153)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:
48)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:
788)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:
717)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:
644)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:
549)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
290)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at
carbonfive.spring.web.pathparameter.ParameterizedPathFilter.doFilterInternal(ParameterizedPathFilter.java:
55)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:
76)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
235)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:
88)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:
76)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:
237)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:
167)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
235)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
233)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
191)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
127)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
102)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
109)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
298)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:
489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: File not found:
revision 1, path '/SVNREPO/tests/test1.txt'
[...]
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.getFile(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:
358)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNWCClient.doGetFileContents(SVNWCClient.java:
437)
at
org.sventon.service.svnkit.SVNKitRepositoryService.getFileContents(SVNKitRepositoryService.java:
135)
... 33 more

sventon project

Jan 27, 2011, 5:46:37 AM1/27/11
to sventon...@googlegroups.com
2011/1/26 testing <demeri...@gmail.com>:

Hi!

What is the output if you execute the following from the command line?

svn log -v http://yourserver/SVNREPO

Regards
Jesper

testing

Jan 27, 2011, 9:55:45 AM1/27/11
to sventon support
The repo isn't available over http (except via sventon), just over
svn. But thanks this made me realize that when I set it up to run as a
service I'd added the -r flag so the repo root is actually now just /.
Interesting that sventon could still browse at all and that no users
reported a problem accessing using tortoise.

Working now.