Also can't add Repository (svn+ssh w/ keys)

loop...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2008, 8:00:38 PM1/23/08
to sventon support
I'm using "sventon 1.3.1 revision 1067" and I'm trying to use a remote
(svn+ssh) repository with key access. I've tried many combinations,
including the docs here ( http://svnkit.com/kb/user-guide-config-settings.html
). My startup command for Jetty looks like this :
/usr/java/5.0/bin/java -Dsvnkit.ssh2.key=/usr/share/tomcat/.ssh/id_dsa
-Dsvnkit.ssh2.username=tomcat -Djetty.home=. -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp -
jar ./start.jar ./etc/jetty-logging.xml ./etc/jetty.xml

tomcat@fakehostname:~/jetty> ls -la /usr/share/tomcat/.ssh/id_dsa
-rw------- 1 tomcat tomcat 1196 2008-01-14 10:35 /usr/share/
tomcat/.ssh/id_dsa

The key exists (and it's passwordless) and I can SSH to the remote
machine just fine, using CLI ssh.

Not sure what more to do to debug this, any help is appreciated :)

BTW, I didn't find the /tmp/sventon.log file easily from the docs, it
might be worth adding to a "troubleshooting" section.

2008-01-23 16:53:30,945 INFO
[de.berlios.sventon.web.command.ConfigCommandValidator] - <Testing
repository connection>
2008-01-23 16:53:31,282 WARN
[de.berlios.sventon.web.command.ConfigCommandValidator] - <Unable to
connect to repository>
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: Authentication
required for 'svn+ssh://xyz.net'
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.authenticationFailed(SVNErrorManager.java:
36)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.auth.BasicAuthenticationManager.getNextAuthentication(BasicAuthenticationManager.java:
172)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNGanymedConnector.open(SVNGanymedConnector.java:
79)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNConnection.open(SVNConnection.java:
60)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.openConnection(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:
970)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.testConnection(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:
69)
at
de.berlios.sventon.web.command.ConfigCommandValidator.validate(ConfigCommandValidator.java:
104)
at
org.springframework.validation.ValidationUtils.invokeValidator(ValidationUtils.java:
63)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.BaseCommandController.bindAndValidate(BaseCommandController.java:
373)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractFormController.handleRequestInternal(AbstractFormController.java:
248)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:
153)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:
45)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:
806)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:
736)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:
396)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:
360)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
727)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
820)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:
78)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:
77)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:
360)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:
216)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:
181)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:
722)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:404)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:
206)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:
114)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:
139)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:
505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection
$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:842)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:
211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:
380)
at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:
395)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool
$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)
2008-01-23 16:53:31,283 INFO
[de.berlios.sventon.web.ctrl.ConfigurationController] - <sventon
configuration OK: false>

sventon project

Jan 24, 2008, 9:22:30 AM1/24/08
to sventon...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Unfortunately this is caused by a bug in sventon. The JVM parameters
you supply is ignored which makes key based communication impossible.
Password based svn+ssh communication is working though. We will fix
this in the next release, sventon 1.4 RC1, expected to be released
within a week from now.

Regarding the log file: it's mentioned in the FAQ at
http://wiki.sventon.org. A separate section for troubleshooting is a
good idea though.

Regards
Jesper

loop...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2008, 12:45:40 PM1/24/08
to sventon support
Ah, you're right about the log file, my apologies.

Ok, I await the release :)

On Jan 24, 6:22 am, "sventon project" <sventonproj...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Unfortunately this is caused by a bug in sventon. The JVM parameters
> you supply is ignored which makes key based communication impossible.
> Password based svn+ssh communication is working though. We will fix
> this in the next release, sventon 1.4 RC1, expected to be released
> within a week from now.
>
> Regarding the log file: it's mentioned in the FAQ athttp://wiki.sventon.org. A separate section for troubleshooting is a
> good idea though.
>
> Regards
> Jesper
>
> On Jan 24, 2008 2:00 AM, <loopys...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm using "sventon 1.3.1 revision 1067" and I'm trying to use a remote
> > (svn+ssh) repository with key access. I've tried many combinations,
> > including the docs here (http://svnkit.com/kb/user-guide-config-settings.html

loop...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2008, 4:17:52 PM2/4/08
to sventon support
Any word on the release? I can't find it in the downloads section.

sventon project

Feb 5, 2008, 3:42:49 AM2/5/08
to sventon...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

We are still working on it :-)

The release will be announced in the news feed at sventon.org and on
the mailing list.

Regards
Jesper

loop...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2008, 1:41:03 PM2/18/08
to sventon support
Any more word on this? At this point, I'm willing to use a RC or even
trunk if you guys are close to being done.

On Feb 5, 12:42 am, "sventon project" <sventonproj...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are still working on it :-)
>
> The release will be announced in the news feed at sventon.org and on
> the mailing list.
>
> Regards
> Jesper

loop...@gmail.com

Feb 29, 2008, 1:50:36 PM2/29/08
to sventon support
Thanks for the RC! Appears to be working great, no complaints so
far :)

sventon project

Feb 29, 2008, 2:27:20 PM2/29/08
to sventon...@googlegroups.com